Calling Them Another Name As A Joke

REQUESTED BY: YukkiCorrin

--

Tanjiro:

"Good morning, Kompachiro!"

He just sighs at the nickname before greeting you back, smiling good-naturedly. He wonders if Inosuke put you up to it, but when you giggle a minute later and say you were just joking, he laughs it off with you.

Nezuko:

"Ah, imouto!"

Nezuko responded with a happy hum at the nickname, though she looked at you curiously. You never called her that. When you giggled at her expression and explained that you were joking, calling her Nezuko again, she just snuggled into you with a sigh.

Zenitsu:

"Hi, Kaigaku!"

SHOT TO THE HEART, AND YOU'RE TO BLAME! How dare you call him that? He takes it as a personal offense, loudly asking you why you'd ever compare the two of them. When you start laughing a moment later, he starts to sulk, thinking you're making fun of him.

Inosuke:

"Imosuke!"

Head quickly turning in your direction, he loudly corrects you. "It's INOSUKE!" Giggling, you repeat what you said before, and even Nezuko starts calling "Imosuke! Imosuke!" until he tackles you to the ground, demanding you say it right. You just start laughing, explaining that you were just kidding, and he pouts until you call him by the correct name.

Giyuu:

"Excuse me, Tomioka-san."

Giyuu looked at you in puzzlement, wondering if he'd done something to make you call him by his last name. It sounded way too detached to be normal. At his look, you shook your head, reassuring him that you were just joking. He remained quiet until he shyly asked you to call him by his first name again, and when you did he looked away with a relieved blush.

Kyojuro:

"Senjuro, pass me my katana!"

Kyojuro acted without thinking, although when it caught up to him that you called him the wrong name, he laughed and teased you about it. You laughed with him, saying you were just joking.

Muichiro:

"Yuichiro, I love you."

Muichiro didn't react at first, deep surprise settling in at his deceased twin's name. He waited a moment longer to see if you'd caught your mistake, but when he looked over, you were smiling at him. You teased him, explaining that you were joking.

Shinobu:

"Hello, Kanao!"

Shinobu looked over on reflex, thinking you'd seen Kanao somewhere and were greeting her. But when you continued to walk towards her with a smile, she chuckled, pointing out your mistake. You retorted by saying you were kidding and trying to play a joke on her. She laughed at it anyway, even though she didn't get what was so funny.

Gyomei:

"Please hold my hand, Himejima-kun?"

He complied even after he realized you weren't calling him by his given name. He figured you were stressed about something and just weren't in the mood for pleasantries. He looked up when he heard you giggling, and a smile crossed his face when you cupped his cheek and explained that you were joking. He didn't care either way; he just likes it when you say his name.

Sanemi:

"Oi! Genya!"

Whirling around, he scowled, ready to yell at Genya for showing his face around his home again. But he only saw you, and when you locked eyes with him you started laughing. "Just kidding!"

"Don't joke about that, dumbass!" He barked back, looking away so that you wouldn't see his angry blush.

Akaza:

"Good morning, Hakuji."

He tenses for a moment, wondering how you even know that name. He faintly recognizes it as the name he had as a human, and for a split second wonders if you're someone in his past reincarnated. But when you giggle sleepily and explain that you were kidding, he just shakes his head with a smile. (His heart is doing flips hearing his human name rolling off your tongue, though he won't admit it.)

Douma:

"Good evening, Paradise-sama!"

Douma stopped short when you called him that name, his cheeks flushing. He smiled at you, cupping your face in his hands and asking you to call him it again. Your joke backfired, your own face heating up; no matter how much you stammered that it was supposed to be a joke, Douma begged you to call him that again.

Kokushibo:

"Welcome home, Michikatsu."

He pauses for a moment before greeting you back. He knows he's told you his human name before, but he wasn't expecting you to call him by it. You smile a moment later and tell him you were joking, and he pats your head before asking you to call him Kokushibo.

Muzan:

"Hello, Master."

A lazy smirk spread across his face; now that's what he liked to hear. He captured your chin in his hands and asked what you said, causing your cheeks to bloom with red. You nervously laughed that you were kidding, but he wasn't having it. He hoisted you over his shoulder and walked off with you, ignoring your cries of protest.

Yoriichi:

"Good afternoon, Michi."

Yoriichi stopped short at hearing his twin's name, looking around to try and find him. Did you see him somewhere? But when you started chortling, he realized you were joking and slumped over a little.