They Meet Your Parents

REQUESTED BY: THUNDA_CLAP_N_SLASH

A/N: This should've been on my list back in May, but for some reason it wasn't. Anyway, enjoy!

(For the parts where reader is orphaned, it'll be a what-if scenario where they're alive.)

--

Tanjiro:

He's perfectly polite and friendly as you take him to meet your parents for the first time. They're very impressed with how mature he is and when he brings out his sister, they coo over her (she looks human enough that they aren't worried).

10/10, they beg you to bring him over again.

Nezuko:

Your mother absolutely DOTES over Nezuko when you first bring her to meet them. She's all over her, hugging her and treating her like the adorable girl she is. Your father is a little more skeptical, but even he falls victim to Nezuko's sheer cuteness. Nezuko is pretty calm with all the attention and even snuggles up to your mother, seemingly reminding her of her own.

Zenitsu:

Your parents are impressed with how gentlemanly Zenitsu is when he first meets them. Your father is a bit off-put by how wimpy he can be, but your mother is smitten and tells you to keep him close, because he'll treat you right. Either way, your father gives him his blessing (making him nearly pass out in relief).

Inosuke:

Both of your parents are... surprised, to say the least, when you bring Inosuke over for the first time. They're kind of put off by how brash he is, but he tries his hardest to impress them. In the end, though, they can both see how much he cares about you and approve (once he takes off the mask... then your mother is just awed with how pretty he is).

Giyuu:

He first met your parents when he came over to stay after a mission. Your parents operated one of the Wisteria houses for the pillars, and they were happy with how polite he was, even if he was a bit standoffish. He's definitely one of the less rowdy slayers to stay with you, so he's had a yes from them ever since he first met you.

Kyojuro:

He met your parents after he saved you. Your parents were so grateful to him for saving all of you from the demon that they offered to have him stay the night for free any time he wished. They were impressed with his confident, friendly demeanor and definitely approve when you tell them you're dating him.

Muichiro:

At first, your parents were skeptical of him. You were both still so young, after all (and he was 2 years younger to boot). But when they saw just how much he cared about you (and how polite he could be to them), they approved. Plus, your mother thought he was super cute.

Shinobu:

Shinobu was cheerful and polite when she met your parents for the first time. Your mom loved her immediately, telling you that she definitely would be a keeper. Your father was impressed with Shinobu's skills in both medicine and combat, and gave his approval almost immediately when he saw just how much she cared for you.

Gyomei:

He first met your parents when he stayed at your home after a mission. Since your parents operated a Wisteria house, they'd seen many slayers stay, but Gyomei was one of the most polite and calm that they'd ever seen. Plus, when they saw how much he got along with the neighborhood cats (and the infamously cranky Daikon), he had their approval from day one if he ever wished to date you.

Sanemi:

Your parents were put off by his brash demeanor at first. Your father disapproved, thinking Sanemi would treat you horribly, but when they spied on you sitting in the courtyard together, he managed to change their minds with how he treated you with care. Your father still offers to kick his ass if he ever tries anything (your father is a retired slayer and you humor him even though Sanemi could lay him out on the ground if he wanted to; your father is fiercely protective of you after all).

Akaza:

Your parents were shocked beyond belief when you brought home a demon. Even more shocked when they realized that he was an Upper Moon (even though they didn't know what that was at first). They were ready to kick him out at first, but once you actually sat them down and talked it out, they were charmed with how much he cared about you. They gave their tentative approval, though they didn't want him laying a hand on you and would take you away in a heartbeat if he did. (It assuaged their fears a little when Akaza swore on his life that he'd never hurt you.)

Douma:

It took a long time for him to meet your parents, but when you brought them and the orphans to meet Douma, they were charmed immediately. He managed to get their approval so quickly it still baffles you; they had no idea of what he really was, because then they'd drag you away, but just by his charisma alone they were telling you that he was a good match. It definitely fueled his ego for a while.

Kokushibo:

Your parents hated Kokushibo when he first met them; you came from a long line of Wisteria families and even though you took up your aunt's calling as a slayer, they still tried to protect you from him for a long time. When you got married to him, though, their relationship began to improve, as they realized that if he wanted to hurt you, he would've done it by now. Now they tolerate each other's existence.

Your aunt is tentatively approving of him, though. She was able to read his intentions at first and disapproved, but as your relationship progressed she sensed a change of heart. Now she's your defender when your parents start grumbling about him, believing that you chose well.

Muzan:

Your parents had no idea what he was when he first met them, and still don't; in fact, they think he's the perfect match. Your parents are fairly old-fashioned, still living in the countryside where you grew up, and the fact that he's rich and cultured definitely helped color their opinion of him. He was so charming that he had their approval on the first night you visited them. (They've seen his female form and are just as charmed by her; your mom even thought you were in a poly relationship for a while with two good-looking city folk. Your dad is just happy that Fem!Muzan treats you well and doesn't care what you do with your partner(s).)

Yoriichi:

Your parents were smitten with Yoriichi when he first met them; his stay at your house while he healed his wounds, and seeing you two interact, made them have hope that you might settle down. When he asked permission to have you travel with him, they agreed almost immediately, seeing how you both looked at each other.