Chapter Four

Zach's POV

'ZACH?!' Katy's voice rings in my head. I open my eyes slowly and adjust my body so that I'm sitting up.

'Katy..' I reply weakly through the link.

'Where are you?!' Katy asks with calmness but worry.

'I don't know. All I know is Luke's got me.' I replied as I let out a cough.

'I'm coming. Hang in there baby, I'll beat his ass 6ft under ground. I love you so so much!' Katy says. My heart melts. That girl will be the death of me, I have no idea what I'd do without her.

'Love you too Katy! Be careful.' I reply and feel sadness covering my face. 

Right when Katy ended the link, I heard a loud thud. It was dark, so I couldn't make out who it was. I heard a loud growl coming from the distance. I could make out the heavy footsteps. I carefully sniffed the air: just as I thought... it's a werewolf I've never smelt the scent before, but it was the most amazing scent.

My wolf suddenly screams 'MATE' in my head. A small light turned on, there stood the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She has beautiful dirty blonde hair, her golden yes sparkled. Her gorgeous face had a sad reaction to seeing me. My wolf whimpered because she looked so sad. WAIT NO WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!? MY MATE IS DEAD!!! Wait no it can't be. It then came to me she's my second chance mate. She ran up to me and held me in her warm gentle arms. As soon as we touched it felt like fireworks had just exploded in my body. 

Katy's POV

I walked through the woods, until a sharp pain shot through my neck, exactly where my mark was: the mark that Zach left. I was about to fall to the ground when someones strong arms grabbed my waist and held me up. I looked up and saw Drew. I rested my body on his chest and buried my face into his neck.

"Easy there Kitty Kat." Drew said as he stroked my hair. Drew had he's strong possessive arm wrapped around my waist he held my close as the pain continues in my neck.

"ARGGGGHHH MY NECK!!!!" I screamed as the pain got more vicious.

"Hey baby it's okay, I'm right here." Drew cooed in my ear.

My breathing picked up it's pace. I let out more screams as Drew tried to calm me down. 

"Katy listen to me carefully. Zach just found his second chance mate, that's why you felt the pain. That's why your uh mark disappeared." He said once my I calmed down a bit.

Suddenly my wolf felt weak. My whole body felt numb and betrayed. The thought of him with another girl crushed my me, I felt heart into a billion little pieces, he was with another girl. A tear ran down my cheek, eventually more tears burst out of my eyes.

"Hey now Katy. Look at me baby." Drew said as he bought his face to mine. I was now looking at Drew with tears running down my cheeks. "You don't deserve being hurt again. You don't need him, I'm here for you now. I always and forever will me baby." Drew added and kissed the crown of my forehead. I was at a loss of words, I didn't know what to say. I simply just rested my head on Drew's shoulder and snuggled into his chest. Drew continued to stroke my hair. 

Drew's POV

He hurt her. I will kill him with my bare hands. She's gone through so much already! She fucking sacrificed her life so that he could live. When I see that son of a bitch I'm going to kill him. Katy's mine now, and I won't let anyone hurt her. I will protect her with everything I have in me, I will never hurt her. I will kill anyone who hurts Katy. She's mine now no one else's. I will stand by Katy to matter what.

It kills me to see her cry. Her head was nuzzled into my neck, soft sobs kept escaping her perfectly pick lips. I stroked her hair with my right hand while my left was possessively wrapped around her waist. I held her close to me, nothing and no one will harm her again. 

Zach's POV

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Amber, what's yours?" She asked me. Amber was kneeling in front of me, I held her hand in mine. I feel horrible for Katy, I hurt her and all she ever did was love me. But Amber's my mate now.

"I'm Zach." I said while my whole body trembled.

"Who did this to you?" Amber asked as her eyes went black like mine.

"That hunter Luke." I scoffed his name.

"He's mm-y br-other, my parents adopted him." Amber said while stuttering. 

My eyes went wide. I sat there in shock. "But you-r a werewolf and he's a hunter.." I argued.

"He doesn't hunt all werewolf's. Only ones that pose a great threat. I know you were with that Katy girl. That's why he must've been after you." Amber stated with disbelief.

"You-rr my ma-te." I stuttered.

"Come on baby, let's get you cleaned up." She helped me up and led me out of the cell. My wolf purred when she called me baby. I wonder how Katy's feeling. I can no longer feel her emotions which is weird.

Amber led me out of the cell. I walked out into a lounge room. It was big but not as big as the Midnight Moon's pack house.

"AMBER WHY THE FUCK IS HE OUT HERE?!!!" I heard someone shout.

"COME HERE AND TALK TO ME!" Amber yelled back and tilted her head up so she was looking towards the stairs. I looked up along with her, I saw Luke. His eyes booming with fury. 

Luke was in front of Amber with a blink of an eye. I growled at the way he was staring at my mate. He snapped his head towards me.

"Luke. Behave, this is my second chance mate Zach." Amber introduced me. Luke bought his attention back on Amber.

"THIS CAN'T BE!" Luke said with so much venom in his voice, his eyes went wide and his jaw dropped.

_______

Don't hate me 'Zach' lovers, I promise it'll make sense soon! Thanks for your support! x

VOTE 

COMMENT

SHARE

- Strictly Confidential