Hogwarts

Ayla arrived at Hogwarts and waited behind the door of the great hall. She noticed an emo looking man standing next to her.

"I know that hair and stance from anywhere. Hello, Miss Black." He said. She turned her head and looked at the man.

"And who are you exactly?" She asked.

J: OOF burn

M: He must feel rather stupid

"I am Professor Snape. Knowing your father, I could make your life hell here. Don't mess with the wrong people."

"By wrong people, you mean you or..?"

"You have his attitude too," Snape said sarcastically.

"Well, professor, I am my father's daughter. As I've been told."

"I'm can't believe I'm dealing with another Black."

"Believe it alright. I feel like it's more like I'll make your life hell." Until the doors started to rumble and open.

"Please welcome, Miss Ayla Black." She saluted the professor and walked down the aisle confidently. She saw all the girls judge her but all the boys drool. A few younger years looked scared but she saw a table of green smirk at the girl. She sat down on the stool and McGonagall put the sorting hat on her head.

"Hmmm, let's see. Another Black, but not of the Slytherin heritage, no. You're Sirius Black's daughter aren't you?" It said. She was positive it said the last part on purpose. She saw more faces judge and look fearful.

"And what about it?" She scoffed at a hat.

"A definite Slytherin attitude yet Gryffindor confidence. Let's see are you more like your name or be like your father and break the heritage?"

"I really don't care."

"Well, you're attitude, confidence not to mention the ambition, determination and cleverness. I know where to put you. SLYTHERIN!!!" The hat yelled. Ayla smirked and the table cheered for her. She spotted her cousin and walked toward him. He got up and hugged her. Enzo and Blaise did the same. She sat down next to Pansy and she looked at Ayla before smiling. She shook the girl's hand and smiled back.

"Let's start over, I'm Pansy Parkinson." She introduced.

"I'm Ayla Black." They giggled until a guy tapped on Ayla's shoulder.

"Hello, gorgeous. I'm Adrien Pucey." He put his hand out for her to shake but the girl smiled and pat his head like a dog.

"And I'm out of your league. Now, run along." Enzo and Blaise laughed at Adrien's rejection. 

"You heard her, Pucey. Run along." Mattheo said. Adrien looked at the boy and scoffed.

"You'll regret that, Black." He warned.

"Oh, will I?" She scoffed sarcastically.

"Welcome!! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts." The headmaster said to the school. "Now, I'd like to say a few words before we become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome, Professor R.J Lupin who's kindly consented to fill in the post of Defense against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, professor." Then the audience clapped and Ayla smiled.

"He's a filthy half-blood, he is," Crabbe exclaimed.

"That's my godfather," Ayla said.

"I mean, not like that's a bad thing." Goyle said trying to save Crabbe. Then the two boys sat there quietly and embarrassed. Blaise and Enzo chuckled at the two boys.

"Say anything insulting about anyone again, I guess I might have my dad deal with you two." Their faces went red and she smirked. "Yeah, that's what I thought." Then the audience started to congratulate someone else.

"Finally, on a more disquieting note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic. Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban until such a time as Sirius Black is captured." Dumbledore explained. "The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst, I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities. A word of caution. dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in the way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light."