Pyrrha Nikos X Reader: Selfish Decision

Warning: Death and Blood

(3rd POV)

Pyrrha was walking alone in the woods as she held her hands together breathing on them to keep them warm wishing she was wearing something warmer, but even if she did she knew that won't stop how cold and dead inside she was.

After what felt like a million years Pyrrha looked up to see a gravestone on a cliff that was covered in snow. She walked towards the grave and brushed the snow off to read what was engraved on there. "(y/n) (l/n) - A True (Huntress/Huntsman) - A Good Friend - A Lover." "There is always tomorrow to look forward to."

Pyrrha sadly sighs s she looks at the tombstone for you. Ruby and the rest of her team helped Pyrrha make your grave similar to the one Ruby had for her mom. Like Summer you didn't have a body to place in the ground, but they all thought it was peaceful and a good way to honor your sacrifice.

Pyrrha reached into her pocket and pulled out a necklace that was all gold and a pendant that had an emerald in the middle of it. "You know before..." Pyrrha said unable to finish that sentence without tearing up at the thought as she placed it on your grave. "I was planning on giving you this, so you would always have something to remember me by." Pyrrha said.

Pyrrha put her hands in her pocket and looked at your grave as she wiped away the tears in her eyes so they wouldn't freeze. "I'm sorry it has been awhile. Tomorrow I am joining Ruby and the others on her journey to Mistral. So I came by to say goodbye and I won't be here in a while. Don't know how long I will be gone." Pyrrha said as her voice started to break.

Pyrrha hasn't really been her caring for herself as Jaune liked to put it the last couple of months. She barley ate or slept unless she was really starving and the only way she'd fall asleep is if she cried her way into it, which she did every night knowing she'd never see your smile again.

She remembers almost every second of the night Beacon fell. All the cries, the blood, the death, everything. And she remembers the last few moments she had with you.

Pyrrha was on her knees unable to fight Cinder any longer and was certainly no match for her and her maiden powers. She was on her knees looking to the side to see how bloody and broken you where with multiple cuts across your body that made Pyrrha want to cry seeing you like that, but didn't want to give Cinder the satisfaction of breaking her.

Watching Cinder form that bow ready to shoot her, Pyrrha accepting that this was the end of her path. Before the arrow penetrated her you got up and shoved Pyrrha out of the way making the arrow go through your heart killing you instantly. Pyrrha gasped as your lifeless body hit the ground.

She crawled over to you and shook your body saying your name multiple times as Pyrrha pretended you were okay. "(y/n) get up! You tricked me, you can stop now!" Pyrrha said back then. The next thing she saw was your body turning to ash and blowing away in the wind thanks to a smirking Cinder who was looking down at Pyrrha. What happened after that she hard time remembering except seeing a bright light and the tears she had in her eyes.

If she had known what she knew would happen that night she would have done everything different. She wouldn't have said yes to being the Fall Maiden so Cinder wouldn't have found Amber. She wouldn't have let Jaune and you follow her and Ozpin into the Fall Maiden vault. She wouldn't have only pushed Jaune into that locker. She would have told you that she loved you one more time.

Pyrrha hated knowing that she should be the one that died. She accepted her fate, knowing this is usually how a Huntresses life traditionally ends, she still went to Cinder in a futile attempt to stop her. You should be alive, you should be the one missing her not the other way around. She hated how much you cared for her. "Why did you have to be so selfish and care more about my life more than yours!?" Pyrrha shouted at your grave.