|| 062|| Phoenix Down 🐔 O/F

To celebrate Kiara getting her channel back

Art by yunarun on twitter

Takanashi Kiara x !GN!Reader

Fluff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat there staring at the pile of ash that sat on your floor, contemplating on what to do next. You were resting your arms on your legs with your fingers tented below your chin. Meanwhile, the pile of ash stared back at you in a sense, with its two hats placed atop it. For more context, we will have to go back roughly 10 minutes ago.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Ten Minutes Ago *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

You let out a content sigh and you nestled further into your warm girlfriend. In return, Kiara's hold on you tightened ever so slightly and you could feel her smiling against you. It was very rare for you and Kiara to have moments like these with all the streaming and travelling going on.

While Kiara was living in Japan, you had been living in the states for the past few years, and it was only recently that you had begun moving in with Kiara and your other girlfriend, Calli. Speaking of, said reaper was currently out shopping, which is why she wasn't with you and Kiara currently.

While you were happily mulling over your thoughts on what you would make for dinner, Kiara started inwardly panicking. She could feel herself growing hotter and hotter by the second, and soon enough, you could feel her change in temperature as well. Kiara loosened her grip and you as to not burn you when she reached a boiling temperature.

Within moments, Kiara had ripped herself from your embrace and had stumbled into the least flammable part of the house. You followed her just in time to see Kiara go up in a fiery explosion, luckily not setting anything on fire, but that was the least of your concern.

In a panicked frenzy, you ran to your phone so you could call Calli. She had known Kiara for longer, she'd know what to do, right? You quickly dialled her number and anxiously waited for her to pick up. When she did, you felt like crying.

"Heey, uh, Calli, can I ask you a question?" You asked, trying to keep your voice from wavering. The reaper didn't notice, or she didn't question it

"Uh, yeah? Go ahead, I'm on my way home so if Kiara won't let you leave I'll be there soon" You could hear the sounds of passing cars and people as she continued walking along the path home. You tried to steady yourself by taking a few deep breaths.

"Well, Kiara sort've just... went up in flames? I don't know what to do-" Calli quickly cut you off.

"(Y/N)... she's a phoenix, it's natural. Look, I'll be home in around 20 minutes and Kiara should be up and about in around 10 minutes. Don't panic, you'll be fine and Kiara will be fine... just uh... just don't panic" You instantly felt stupid for not remembering Kiara was a phoenix. You'd gotten so used to all her mannerisms that made her more phoenix like that you'd forgotten she wasn't human.

But a part of you still felt a little worried, not about Kiara turning into a pile of ash, but with the way Calli had ended the phone call. It felt like she was leaving something out, something that was vital, but you shrugged it off. If Calli needed to tell you something, she'd tell you, right? 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Current Time *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

So that's how your morning was going, and now you were back to simply staring at the small pile of ash that was and would be Kiara. Thinking back to the conversation a little more, you noted the fact Calli said Kiara should be reborn in around 10 minutes. Since you called Calli around 10 minutes ago, Kiara should be back to normal any moment now.

And you were right. As soon as you thought that, the pile of ashes started sparking and sputtering until it caught fire. You stood up rather quickly and backed away as far as you could, not wanting to get burnt by Kiara's fire.

You almost passed out with how hot the room gotten until it all suddenly went away. You opened your eyes to see a dazed, but ok Kiara. Her clothes were slightly charred with smudges of ash, and her hair was still smoking with the occasional spark rolling off of it. She looked around, confused and slightly scared. You, on the other hand, were ecstatic that she was back and okay.

As Kiara stood up and dusted herself off, you tried to hug her. You were confused when Kiara pulled away rather quickly and eyed you warily. You looked beside you, then behind you, but found no reason for her to feel that way.

"Uh, Kiara, what's wrong?" You gave her a concerned look. Kiara gave you a suspicious look and then summoned both her sword and shield. You quickly pressed yourself against the wall out of fear.

"Who are you? How do you know me? Where am I" Kiara looked around the room, still keeping her sword pointed at you while holding her shield close to her body in defence. You didn't say anything, but motioned with your hand for Kiara to follow you. She did so with some hesitance.

As you showed Kiara around the house, she looked around at the homey environment. She furrowed her brows, seeing several of her things scattered around such as a bucket of KFP on the kitchen counter, several of her spare hats thrown on the couch and several turquoise and orange feathers scattered around the door to the bedroom.

Something seemingly clicked in Kiara's mind when you showed her the little table with a bunch of framed photos with you, her and Calli, though it took a while and dawned on her slowly. She rubbed her head nervously, which is when you noticed that she wasn't wearing any of her hats. She started making small humming noises out of frustration before it all fell into place.

"(Y/N)!! Ah! I'm sorry! It usually takes me a little to remember everything after I revive" Kiara trailed off awkwardly, though she kept studying the pictures curiously.

"Hang on, Kiara. I'll be right back" Kiara nodded and kept her eyes locked on to the pictures. You hurried back to the room where Kiara had revived and quickly grabbed her hats off of the floor. They were slightly dirtied with the remnants of her ashes, so you simply brushed it off.

When you returned, Kiara turned to you with a quizzical look, but seemingly forgot her question when she saw you with her hats. She didn't make any movement, but gave you a shy looked and dipped her head ever so slightly. You got the message and placed her hats on her head, making sure that they were properly placed and comfortable.

"Did you have a question for me? You looked like you had a question when I came into the room" Kiara looked confused and then thought for a few moments. She turned back to the photos and then remembered.

"Oh yeah! The one with pink hair" She paused and pointed to Calli in one of the pictures.

"Who is she?"