Chapter-20

Hello lovelies,
Here's another quick update;)
3300 words
**********

Nova

I woke up the next morning feeling like an energetic and a cheery bird looking forward to the new day ahead. I stepped out the room and tip toed towards Cassandra's chambers carefully without being seen. I hid behind the heavy curtains of a tall window which was opposite to her door and waited for her to come outside.

About thirty seven minutes later I heard the door open and she walked away gruffly stomping her shoes across the corridor. I sneaked inside her chambers and quickly began to do my job. After I was done I scurried towards the door, but something lying on the table caught my eye. I saw it was the same deadly looking dagger from yesterday, which she failed to use on me. What shocked me was that the dagger was covered in dark red blood. I stood transfixed in my place with a frightened face and wondered who she had used the dagger on.

I heard footsteps outside and I quickly ran towards the closet and hid in there. Cassandra walked in with the usual malicious expression on her face and looked around the room as if she was searching for something. She then strode towards the table and picked up the dagger. She left the room after a few moments and I loudly sighed in relief.

I left the room before I could get caught and made my way towards my chambers. I got inside and quickly locked the door and leaned back against it. A victorious smile played on my lips and at the moment I couldn't wait for the luncheon.

"Holy shit! That was so satisfying!" I exclaimed loudly and laughed thinking about the prank I had planned out for her.
"What was satisfying?" I heard a deep voice and my eyes widened.
I slowly turned to my side and I gulped.

There he was, magnificently sitting on the flush cushioned seat with his strong sturdy physice taking the maximum space possible. One his heavy muscular arm was casually lying on the armrest while the other hand was on his chin, as he lightly scratched his stubble. His magnetic pair of silver eyes looked at me intensely and I almost immediately felt weak in my knees.

He rose up to his full intimidating height and took slow predatory steps towards me and stopped inches away from my face. My mind told me to step back but I stood frozen in my place, liking the closeness between us.
"Y-You cannot just barge in h-here" I found myself saying with a shaky voice.
"Why not?" he questioned, arching an eyebrow in challenge and taking another step forward. I let out an inaudible gasp now feeling the heat radiating off his body.
"B-Because it's not right?" I said, slightly stuttering and took a step back.

He snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me against his rock hard chest. He lifted my chin up so that I could meet his piercing gaze.
"You are forgetting that this castle is mine and so are you. I have every fucking right to barge in here" he said deeply, caressing the side of my face and stroking my cheek with his thumb.

I should be pushing him away but instead I leaned to his touch and closed my eyes at the blissful feeling.
Just then he withdrew his hand. I felt disappointed by the sudden loss of warmth. I opened my eyes in confusion and saw his serious and cold expression.
"Give me one good reason why you attacked Cassandra, one of my loyal and reliable ally?" he growled.

I opened my mouth to speak, but quickly shut it after remembering the promise I made to Ada as she didn't want the alliance to be ruined.
I wished I could tell him the whole story but, I couldn't.

"Because, she deserved it" I replied nonchalantly.
"She wasn't seriously injured, it was barely a scratch. I don't see why this is a big deal" I spoke bravely.
"I saw a huge deep cut slashed down her shoulder. Is that what you call 'barely a scratch'?" he questioned, looking at me dead in the eye.