30 | new to me

Ally~

Ally~

I bumped into Jake in the hallways for the first time ever since our breakup- well not really bump, that's an exaggeration. I just saw him... and quickly hid somewhere for my wellbeing. It felt like the breakup was ages ago, but it's literally only been a few days. Seeing him hurts me so much, more than I thought it would. I never usually see him in the hallways, so I'm questioning why now out of all days.

"Hey... how are you?" I tried to walk away casually, but he caught me.

"Oh, I-I'm fine." I couldn't even look him in the eyes.

"Do you have a few minutes to spare?" Jake pleaded, but I was still scarred from that day. I don't know if I'm yet ready.

"No she doesn't." Jay suddenly popped out of nowhere, grabbing my hand.

He took his jacket off, putting it around me and taking me to a quiet place. I sat on one of the benches and finally cried my heart out. I've just been so emotional these past few days... it's embarrassing.

"Should I not have interrupted?" Jay kneeled down so we're eye level, rubbing the back of his neck in frustration.

"No... thank you so much," I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face. "I don't know what I would have done. I'm not in the right state yet."

"I agree, and that's totally okay." He gently patted my back and I felt so safe and comfortable.

"I'm hungry." I looked up at him and he bursted out laughing. He didn't let go of my hand and dragged me over to his car, taking me to who-knows-where.

We then arrived to my favourite chicken place, and he ordered whatever my heart desired. My eyes just looked at the menu in astonishment, instantly bringing up my mood. Jay knows me way too well.

"I know food is your only other friend that could overthrow me." He rolled his eyes and glared at the thigh on his plate.

"I'll have it then-"

"Never said I didn't like it!" He stabbed it with a fork, and ate it that way. What a disgrace! Eating chicken without getting any grease on your hand takes away from the experience.

"I wonder what Jake wanted to tell me..." I suddenly felt gloomy again and pouted while losing my appetite. Jay suddenly took the chicken off the fork, and began messily eating with his hands. I let out a small laugh, and felt somewhat relieved.

"I don't think you'd wanna hear it. He shouldn't be changing his mind every few days, toying with you. That's just horrible." He shook his head.

"I think we make him sound way too mean, when it was literally my fault that we broke up. Being with you just makes his doubts turn into reality... that I can't be trusted."

"That's a him problem. Don't think about it anymore, and just enjoy yourself. Relationships don't always work out, but it's those experiences that make you grow as a better person. Just love yourself first."

"I'm impressed," I stared at him in awe. "You actually seem to care about me."

"I've always cared about you. The only difference was before, I used to care for you like a sibling- not that way though... but now, it's different. I'm in love you, and this is all new to me as well. You're very special to me." He said those words while maintaining eye contact with me.

I admit it... my heart fluttered. I felt blood come up my cheeks, making it feel very warm.

"You're a very affectionate person."

"I get that a lot-" he suddenly realized what he just said. "I mean before! Not anymore. That was a long time ago... I promise, there's no one else here but you." Jay placed his hand over his chest and sarcastically patted it.

"You're so corny! I'm not even your girlfriend, I could care less if you lay your eyes on someone else..." I lied. Maybe I would be a little bothered.

"That won't ever happen." He smiled and planted a small kiss on the back of my hand. Maybe falling in love with my best friend won't be too hard...

Should I go ahead and risk it again?

___________________________

JUST WANTING TO LET Y'ALL KNOW THAT I CHANGED MY USERNAME FROM @jiminsdaddy to @DIORTYUN 🍥💗🌱

⭐️

Song: BTS (방탄소년단) — I LIKE IT (좋아요) Slow Jam Remix.

(LYRICS: starting to like her more now that she's with someone else)