43| oliver

A/N: *cries*

“I think we all change each other's paths. I don't know which law idea that is in physics, but I don't think any of us can live without affecting one another.”
Frank Ocean
- sent by _lavenderlolitas

43| oliver

“And on that date, Chase gave me something that I was supposed to get long ago.”

Oliver looks at me with confusion.

“The day you gave me the letter was the same day Chase and I were working in the library. And our physics book got swapped,” I say.

Oliver blinks.

“And Chase got my book. When he returned it later,” I take a deep breath, “he didn’t return the letter.”

Oliver looks at me with wide eyes. “No.”

“Yeah, I didn’t get your letter, Oliver,”I say. “You were waiting for me to say yes, but I didn’t even know you asked me out.”

“No.” Oliver shakes his head.

“On our date, Chase gave the letter to me,” I say.“I got your letter one week ago, Oliver. And I read it two days ago.”

“I thought you would not ask me out. I thought all of this was a game. We never talked about our feelings. I was just giving you guitar lessons. We never admitted anything, Oliver. I thought I knew where this was heading.” I look down.

“Gwen.” Oliver sighs.

“After I read your letter, I realized I was so, so wrong. You said everything you could not say to me. That’s why I am here, Oliver. Because I trust every word you said, every word you wrote to me,” I say.

“How dare Chase—” Oliver hugs me tighter. “How—”

“Yeah,” I exhale and hold onto him.

“He deserves the worst,” Oliver says as we pull back. “He always gave me a bad vibe.”

“He does,” I say as I glance at him.

I feel glad that we finally had this talk, that we admitted our feelings. I have Oliver back. More importantly, I really have him this time.

“The next time I see that bastard I’m going to—” Oliver clenches his fist, looking angry.

“Have you looked at him though?” I raise my brow. “If he blows on you, you’ll fly away.”

“Excuse me?” Oliver says being offended.

I chuckle.

“You have no idea how strong I am. I am going to show you,” Oliver statesm and he picks me off the ground.

“Oliver!” I squeal.

Oliver turns us around and places me on the edge of the bed. “Yeah, you have no idea.”

I swallow as he kneels in front of me. “I need to get an idea then.”