eleven

After breakfast, everybody proceeded to do their own thing since it was a weekend. Everybody except a specific few.

Chaerin still felt odd about the situation, she was welcomed with open arms, that isn't normal, is it? Maybe because she was acquaintances with Jaemin and the rest in her batch or was it because she just caught up in whatever Mark was doing?

Mark and some of the members led her upstairs to what looked like a meeting room.

Not intimidating at all.

Although the slight shake in Chaerin's hands gave it away, in her defense, they were NCT.

NCT was known throughout the country for being the most powerful and dangerous gang.

and now, she's in their house.

They all took their seats, Taeyong at the head of the table and Mark to his right.

She sat beside Mark and tried her best not to look intimidated, glancing around the table. Her eyes landed on Johnny, who was studying her intently. An emotion swirling in his eyes she can't quite pinpoint.

The members included in the meeting consisted of Mark, Taeyong, Kun, Doyoung, Johnny, and Yuta.

Taeyong cleared his throat and everyone shifted their attention to him.

"Let's get straight to the point, Chaerin, you have two choices," Taeyong started, "You can go but we can't promise protection, or you can also stay if you wish,"

Chaerin's eyes widened, she wasn't expecting an invitation.

"What? Aren't you going to silence me or something?"

Taeyong chuckled at her reaction, "No, you have no evidence and we don't target nor like innocent people getting caught up in business like this. It's your choice,"

"You're just inviting me just like that?"

"It's a little more complicated than that, but yeah," Taeyong shrugged.

"Chaerin," Johnny spoke up, gaining the attention of the entire table.

"Do you know a Hyunjin?"

Chaerin froze in her seat upon hearing the name.

"Why do you ask?" She asked her voice void of emotion.

Chaerin's whole demeanor changed within a split second, shocking the rest of the members present, however, they didn't let it show.

After studying Johnny for a few more seconds, she answered his question.

"He's my brother, or was my brother,"

"You two look alike," Johnny smiled remembering Hyunjin.

"You knew him?" Chaerin asked Johnny, the tension quickly fading as fast as it came.

"We were friends, he used to take me to his events before,"

"Glad you didn't die,"

"Felt like I was going to,"

After a few seconds of silence, Taeyong then spoke up, "We're going to give you until the end of the day to decide," Taeyong smiled at her, telling her it was her choice and there wasn't a wrong one.

She smiled back, thankful for the hospitality she was given.

Everybody then proceeded to exit the meeting room, Johnny and Chaerin left last.

"Hyunjin talked about you before," Chaerin started, more comfortable talking with Johnny.

"Same here, he was very protective of you," Chaerin smiled at the memory of her brother.

"I actually," Johnny started, but then stopped and hesitated.

Chaerin looked up to him raised her eyebrows.

"I tried to look for you after the incident, couldn't find you,"

She snorted, "I was in China,"

"What were you doing in China?" Johnny asked curiously.

"I went after them," Chaerin answered nonchalantly.

"YOU WHAT?!"

Everybody stopped and looked back to Johnny, who was only looking at Chaerin in panic.

"What do you mean you went after them? What were you thinking? That was stupid! You could have died!" Johnny scolded Chaerin, who was only stared at him and blinked.

Well this feels familiar.

"I know, I know," Chaerin responded waving it off, "I was angry at the time, tracked them down, did a little messing around, figured I couldn't handle a whole gang, then left," She shrugged like it was no big deal.

Everyone was now looking at Chaerin with wide eyes at the new information.

"China? You don't mean the Hêi màn bā gang do you?" Kun asked connecting the dots.

"You tracked down the Hêi màn bā gang?" Doyoung asked startled.

"It was a bit of a challenge and a stupid decision, I didn't even have a plan, I just kind of waltzed in there,"

Everybody's eyes widened even more, looking at her in disbelief and surprise.

Chaerin shrugged, "It was a year ago,"

Taeyong looked at her, the wheels turning in his head, "Aren't they after you then?"

She shook her head, "Never left a trace,"

All of them stared at her, this wasn't just a regular high school senior that was caught up in their mess.

Chaerin shifted awkwardly, well aware of the attention that was on her.

She scratched the back of her neck, "Uh, I could tell you the whole story," she started, "It's the least I could do for you guys taking me in,"

"Living room?" Doyoung asked no one particular. The group nodded and everybody then proceeded to go downstairs.

Johnny then glared down at Chaerin. She avoided his eyes and quickly went to Mark's side.

"Johnny is definitely going to scold me after this," she whispered under her breath.

Mark looked at her and chuckled, "You're just full of surprises aren't you?"

"That's me," Chaerin grinned at him.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010