Close Encounter

Ellie awoke on the hard surface of the wilderness, a multitude of tree branches and pebbles digging into her back. She blinked her eyes open, hearing her girlfriend's voice just a few feet away from her.

"Oh my God. Shh, shh, shh. It's all right. It's okay," Hermione exclaimed in a panicked tone.

Ellie immediately scrambled to her feet to see Hermione hunched over Ron, a chunk of the ginger's arm seeming to be sliced off. He was whimpering in pain, squirming as Hermione struggled to keep him still. Ellie moved to Ron's other side, aiding in holding him down.

Hermione called out to Harry, who was approaching them slowly.

"Harry. Harry, quickly, in my bag. There's a bottle labeled 'Essence of Dittany'."

Ellie helped Hermione remove Ron's blood-soaked clothes, his pain too unbearable for him to even speak.

Harry quickly moved to Hermione's bag, rummaging around.

"Shh. Shh," Hermione said as she tried to comfort Ron.

"Okay, okay. Quickly!" Hermione yelled to Harry.

By now, Ellie could see the panic flood Hermione's eyes. She didn't know what to do other than help hold him down in attempts to suppress his groans of pain.

"Harry, hurry up!" Ellie urged.

"Accio Dittany," Harry pointed at the bag, pulling out a small, black bottle.

"It's all right," Hermione reassured to Ron. She turned to Harry. "Unstopper it."

Harry approached the three of them, horrified at the sight. "Hermione, his arm."

"Now's not the time!" Ellie cried out.

"I know, just do it," Hermione ordered, her breath hitching.

She took the bottle from Harry's hands. "Okay, it's gonna sting a little bit."

"What happened? I thought we meant to be going back to Grimmauld Place," Harry urged.

"We were. We were. Shh. It's all right. One more, one more," Hermione cried out. "We were there, we were there, but Yaxley had hold of me, and I... I knew once he'd seen where we were, we couldn't stay... so I brought us here... but Ron got splinched."

Ron quieted himself as the bottle started to heal his wounds. His groans of pain had reduced to nothing as his friends sighed with relief.

Hermione looked down at her hands to see they were stained with blood. She quickly rose to her feet, grabbing her wand.

"Protego Totalum," Hermione incited, bringing both her hands up. "Salvio Hexia."

"What are you doing?" Harry called out.

"Protective enchantments. I don't fancy another visit like the one we had in Shaftesbury Avenue, do you? You can get going on the tent," Hermione answered.

"Tent? Where am I supposed to find a tent?" Harry questioned as Hermione continued to place the enchantments.

"You dimwit, in her bag," Ellie said as she stood up to grab Hermione's bag. She reached inside, feeling around for a tent.

--

The night was rough, as Hermione didn't want to talk much. Ellie had decided to give her some space to let her recover, though she was able to sneak in a goodnight kiss.

"You first," Hermione urged as the four of them stood behind the locket.

Harry held up his wand, pointing it towards the locket.