Chapter 53 | "the party has begun"

"Ok everyone, thank you once again for coming. No matter the outcome, NCT is indebted to all of you." Taeyong spoke to the crowd as all of the gang members and allies gathered in the meeting location. They were at the edge of the forest, just outside of Bangtan's territory.

"Sicheng." He called out, the younger boy quickly appearing at his side. "Take Juyeon and Ryujin to go and scout the area, find the headquarters." Sicheng nodded in response, the other two walking up to him before silently disappearing into the forest.

"The rest of us will wait for them to return. Make sure you're all prepared, vests on, weapons prepared and secured, and check to make sure your in-ears are working. It won't be long before we start. Stay alert." Taeyong walked towards the other leaders as everyone quietly broke off into groups.

"Taeyong." The leader of EXO dipped his head as Taeyong approached the group of leaders.

"Suho. Everyone ready?" They all nodded their heads.

"Where do you want us Taeyong? You're running the show today." Irene responded with a small smile.

"From what Ten has told me, she's somewhere in the middle of the building. It's big but there's only one. 3 floors. NCT, Got7, and TheBoyz will take the bottom floor where there seems to be the most people. We want Shinee, Stray Kids, and Day6 tackling the second floor. Exo and Itzy will go to the third floor. Ateez and Red Velvet will stay on the outside to catch any escapers and warn us if anyone new arrives. Twice, help them out if they need it, but be prepared to take care of any injured who make their way back here." Taeyong says with a nod.

"Taeyong, do you want us to search and rescue?" Onew asked.

"They'll pay for what they've done. Do what you need to do to stay alive, kill anyone who tries to get in your way. Jaehyun, Sungchan, Jeno, Jaemin and I will be searching for Jihyun. The rest of you take care of Bangtan and the other traitors. If you find her, call one of us immediately." They all nod in understanding, going back to their gangs to give them instructions. Taeyong walks back to his group, all of them nervously conversing with one another.

"Jaemin. Jeno." Taeyong says, going to the younger boys. "Our only job is to find her, okay? Kill whoever you need to stay alive. You." He says, pointing to Jaemin, "stay near me, alright? We search together." Jaemin nods in response. "And you," he continues, turning to Jeno, "you're with Sungchan. Listen to him and stick together, he'll keep you safe." Jeno dips his head as Taeyong shares a determined glance with Sungchan.

"Tae," he turns to see Jaehyun approaching him, gun in hand. "Where do you want me?"

"Stay with Jeno and Sungchan for a bit, but break off if you need to. We'll handle watching over the newbies, you can go do what you need to. I know you need this. I trust you." Jaehyun stares at Taeyong, a small smile on his face and fire in their eyes.

There's a rustle at the edge of the forest, everyone instantly snapping their heads in the direction of the noise and drawing their weapons. Sicheng, Juyeon, and Ryujin was out, everyone letting out a small sigh of relief.

"We found the base, we're very close. There's only a few guards on the outside but we spotted members of Seventeen, Enhypen, and TXT on the inside as well as many more guards who seemed to be walking the halls." Sicheng reported to Taeyong.

"Alright everyone!" Taeyong called out, all heads turning towards him. "Your leaders should have told you your assignments. This battle is going to be bloody, protect one another and stay safe. Good luck."

With those words they all make their way to the edge of the forest, crossing into Bangtan's territory and heading towards the building.

- - -