Chapter 8: First meets

Days went on and it felt like the work never ended. Everyday I walked in to find a new task on my desk causing me to roll my eyes and groan quietly. I suppose that's the purpose of a job. To do work and keep busy. Even with suck repulsion, I sat there and finished every task I had.

I didn't mind the fashion related ones. Where I had to pick out magazine titles or give my opinion on an outfit a stylist created. I enjoyed it because it made me feel important. Like I mattered and I wasn't just Mr.Styles assistant. I despise putting files into the computer. Although it's an easy job and I'm sure others would take it without complaining. I just found it rather boring and repetitive.

Thankfully today went by fast and I was on my way home. I should really invest in a car considering I'm making my own money now. I can't be taking public transportation everyday. Not only is it dangerous at this time at night but its repulsive. The smell of toxins invading my senses making my head spin.

I hop off the bus quickly and almost skip my way home. It's around seven in the evening and I'm starving. I walk in to see Mark already home. I raise my brows in suspicion to why he was home early. Usually I get home before he does so to see him on the couch with a beer in one hand was more than shocking.

"What are you doing here, shouldn't you be at work?" I question while setting my stuff by the door.

"I should but I took the rest of the evening off" he says walking up to me, putting his beer on the counter to wrap his arms around my waist.

"what for?"  I ask not seeing his motives.

"I want to take you out. Some where fancy yea? " he says while kissing my neck up to my cheek. I stood there frozen and shocked at his behavior.

"What's the occasion?"

"I just want some alone time with you. You know between going to work and all we've barely had time for each other." He turns me around to look in my eyes. His brown eyes staring deeply into my hazel and I let out a sigh.

"Yeah I know"

"So what do you say?"

I contemplate whether or not to go. It's true. We haven't had time together and we were slowly growing apart. Maybe this is what we need to patch up the crack that was created. I smile before answering.

"Yeah"

"Yeah" He smiles back before pecking my lips.

"Go get ready while I fix myself up" he tells me and I nod in assent. I hope tonight goes well and we're able to bring the spark that burned out a while ago.

An hour later and we were walking towards his car. Him wearing a classic black and white suit and tie while I'm dressed in a red knee  length, lace dress. Modest yet sexy. Since  it was night time and he claimed for the restaurant to be super fancy, I decided to darken my makeup by adding a perfect winged liner and matching red lips. It was about an half an hour drive to get to our destination.

"Mark the Four Seasons?" I gasp as we step out of the car. Mark handing the keys to the valet parking before stepping to my side.

"Yup" He says popping the P.

"This is too fancy Mark. You know I really don't mind going to a fast food restaurant" I frown. I really didn't care where we ate. I wasn't too much of a "fancy" type of girl. I'm pretty messy and well, not fancy.

"Babe, it's the best for the best" He grins before taking my hand and leading me towards the entrance. Once we step inside I gasp at the sight. This restaurant is beautifully exquisite from it's Gothic style ceiling to it's modern furniture. Chandeliers hanging everywhere. My eyes catch sight of couples sitting at a candle lit dinner and I internally awe at the romance. This place is incredibly worthy and ridiculously expensive.