XLIV: grandchildren

"So, YN," Yoongi's mom starts, making me swallow my food and look up at her. 

So far, lunch had been quite pleasant. Yoongi's parents were absolute angels and treated me like I had known them for years. They'd asked me questions about my job, university, and life before I met Yoongi and Chunhei. Yoongi's parents, after sitting with and talking to them for lunch, are just like Yoongi. 

His father has the same cold, yet soft facial features that match Yoongi's. His demeanor is also just like Yoongi's. When I first walked into the kitchen earlier, he looked very intimidating and cold but once we sat down for lunch and got the conversation going, he warmed up and now is just as soft as Yoongi is, especially for Chunhei. 

His mother, on the other hand, is the opposite of Yoongi. Besides her gummy smile, everything else is very different. She's so bubbly and energetic, almost just like Chunhei. She talked animatedly and laughed loudly whenever someone cracked a joke around the table. She was bright and her smile lit up the whole room. 

Geum-jae was a mix of both his parents. He looked friendlier than Yoongi and more like his mother and his personality mirrored it. Although he looked intimidating at first, I quickly warmed up to him. Throughout our meal, he'd jokingly address me as "little sis" which made my cheeks flush and a smile to creep onto my face. His voice sounded just like Yoongi's but a little higher and I had learned that he had a wife and son. 

All in all, the nervousness that I had battled with in the days leading up to this wasn't necessary as I was welcomed with open arms and quickly accepted into the family. I should've known since Yoongi constantly called his mom and updated her about Chunhei and recently, me. 

"Are we expecting anymore Chunhei's anytime soon?" Eomma continues, making my eyes widen. 

I quickly gulp too much water from the glass I had been drinking from and start to choke, making Yoongi panic and set his utensils down to tend to me. 

"Eomma!" Yoongi scolds, getting up and patting me on the back to try and help me stop choking. 

Eomma gasps and stands from her seat, rushing over to me and Yoongi. She places a hand on my back and starts to rub circles on it, the same way Yoongi does when I'm in pain or in need of comfort. After a few more pats and a lot of coughing, I recover and laugh as I wipe my mouth off with a napkin. 

"You almost killed the poor girl, yeobo!" Appa laughs, making sure I'm good, "Are you okay, sweetheart?"

I laugh and nod, sending eomma a reassuring look as I pick up the glass again. 

"Mummy, be careful!" Chunhei warns from her seat between her grandparents. 

"I'm fine, baby girl," I respond, giggling a bit, "And to answer, your question eomma, I don't know if you'll be seeing anymore Chunheis soon. One is already difficult to handle."

"Anymore Chunheis?" the little girl perks up at the mention of her name, "What does that mean, mummy?" 

"Halmeoni is just wondering if you'll be getting any little brothers or sisters any time soon, kitten," I explain 

"Brothers and sisters?!" Chunhei cheers, putting her chopsticks down, "AM I AM I AM I? Am I getting one soon, mummy?"

"Min Chunhei, don't yell. We are at the kitchen table," Yoongi scolds, looking straight at her. 

"Yoongs, she just got excited," I place an arm on his bicep, giving it a squeeze. 

As soon as I look back at my little girl, I immediately catch her lips go into a pout and start to tremble. I quickly stand and rush over to where she's sitting, scooping her into my arms. As soon as I scoop her into my arms, I hear small sobs coming from her as she buries her face into my neck. 

I sit back down in my seat with a now crying Chunhei in my arms. Yoongi sighs and tries to get her to look at him but she continues to cry and avoid his advances. 

"What's wrong, sweet pea," Geum-jae tries to talk to her, but fails as she stays silent.

"She's grumpy," Yoongi sighs, leaning into his chair, "I forgot to wake her up during the drive here. When she sleeps too much, she has so much energy and sometimes she can't figure out how to deal with it." 

"That explains why she's been extra bouncy today," I concur, stroking the little girl's back, "Chunnie, daddy didn't mean to get mad, love bug. He just wanted to make sure you were using your table manners." 

After a few more attempts at trying to soothe Chunhei, I finally get her to turn around and face the table. She gives Yoongi the pouty face throughout the rest of lunch and after a few bites of food, she finally lets him plant a kiss on her cheeks and lips. 

"Daddy's sorry, kitten," Yoongi apologizes, picking her up from my lap and pulling her into his, "But also, you have to practice your manners at the table. You should know this already."

"I know, daddy," She sniffles, "I'm sorry." 

"You're okay, love bug," I reassure, ruffling her hair softly. 

After an eventful lunch, Geum-jae leaves and promises to come back tomorrow so we could meet his family. Chunhei has moved to the backyard with her harabeoji and Yoongi, where they've been kicking around a soccer ball for the past few minutes. I stayed in the kitchen to help with the clean-up. 

"I've got it, YN!" Eomma swats at me as I try to help her with the dishes, "You should go up to Yoongi's room and take a rest. I know you're probably tired from the drive and the eventful lunch." 

I laugh and tell her that I'm feeling alright, "Are you sure? I want to help out even just a little, eomma." 

"YN, I'm good, love!" She laughs, continuing to bat me away, "I saw the way you handled Chunnie and her little meltdown. I can tell you love that little girl."

"I do, with all my heart," I answer, moving to sit on a stool near the sink, "Those two are the love of my life." 

"Who?" A familiar voice interrupts the conversation as two arms engulf me in a back hug.

"No one," I laugh, putting my arms on top of Yoongi's and intertwining our hands. 

"Yoongi, go and take YN up to your room!" Eomma orders, now shooing the both of us away," Appa and I got Chunhei. Go and take a short rest!" 

Yoongi laughs and pulls me up, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and leading me out the kitchen, "Thanks, eomma!" 

"No need to thank me, love," She answers her son, smiling lovingly at us, "Now, go on and rest."

As Yoongi and I head up to his bedroom, we hear a voice yell from the kitchen. 

"Make me some grandchildren!" 

a/n: second update of the week! this chapter is kinda cute lolol I'm also planning on making this story a bit longer so I hope you guys don't mind me writing more of the story

a/n: second update of the week! this chapter is kinda cute lolol I'm also planning on making this story a bit longer so I hope you guys don't mind me writing more of the story. the planning is still in progress but I have an idea for more chapters. would you guys prefer me to continue the story in this book or write a sequel? I'm kinda on the side of keeping everything in this book but I might change my mind 

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! thank you to everyone who has been reading, voting and commenting! I'm trying to respond to as much comments as possible so I hope I can start some convos with y'all in the comment section lolol 

see you all in the next update!

ig: agusvt.meek || yt: coffeewithmeek