➹ 𝐔𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐢 𝐊𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚

𝐔𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐢 𝐊𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫(𝐅𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞)
𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲: dnzoyku

----------

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐲

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐲. ¹

That saying, Kiriya often heard it from his mother then whenever she would read him a short story when she has the time and wasn't worried about demons attacking them at any given point in time as well.

And one day, he realized what his mother had meant as he looked at the one sleeping next to him with a soft smile on her face. How his heart would speed up every time he took a look at her, and how she would always greet him with a smile.

His loving wife.

She was so young back then, a mere child who was only the age of 8. She was older than him, not that he realized it at all in the first place, given how it didn't matter to him. But he had noticed how when she was brought back to the Demon Slayer Corps, she had nothing but a stoic and serious expression on her face.

He had heard about what happened to her family from his mother and father. About how she lost her family right before her eyes to a demon. Yet, she was the one who killed the demon with nothing but a wooden ladle.

By the time his mother arrived at her house, she found the demon dead. And eventually brought her into the Demon Slayer Corps where she would be going under training. Kiriya would often be brought out to have a look at how she was doing.

And the first time she swung her sword, did he feel his heart skipped a beat.

He was then often by her side, where he knew more than the average boy his age. He would teach her how to read and write, given how he learned those at such a young age, whereas [name] was out having fun when she was his age.

Not that she was that old, but you get the idea.

Two years just passed like that in a blink of an eye and she became a Hashira. Her usual stoic and serious expression continued to remain on her face despite all that was being done for the past two years.

Yet, Kiriya continued to stay by her side.

Even sometimes, Amane would tease him slightly about the little crush he had on her. But things continued to blossom, to how [name] would often be seen around Kiriya.

Adding on, it was a coincidence that their favourite food was the same. The day that he found out [name]'s favourite food, was the day that he felt his heart pounding hard against his chest. How a soft smile appeared on his features then as he watched the way her eyes slowly widened.

Often whenever their favourite food was prepared at the Ubuyashiki Estate, would Kiriya sneak off in keeping a spare bowl and soon carry it with caution as he tried to find [name]. Which often she would receive what seems to be a special message from her crow from time to time.

Stating that Kiriya was finding her, and she would often drop what she was doing to look for him in case he might get injured. And it was times like this did [name]'s expression softened when she looked at Kiriya who was smiling at her widely.

With a bowl of their favourite food.

Injuries were often present on [name]'s body which Kiriya would notice whenever she drops by to visit. It had become a daily routine that it would seem too weird if [name] was present by Kiriya's side at all for once per day.

And he would often panic then whenever he saw her covered in numerous bruises and scars. How he would ask for help and try his best to learn from the kakushis on how to patch someone up with the limit resources available.

Out of all the Hashiras, she was the closest to him. Not only in terms of age, but in terms of their bonds as well. She was always given the excuse of the way she treated him, sometimes forgetting to refer him as a superior given his status.

But he enjoyed the equality that [name] showed to him, and he was rather thankful about it as well. Time and time again whenever he was having a hard time, he knew he could go to where [name] would often wait for him if she senses something was wrong with him.

Although the duo was quite young, still, they knew they had to be there for one another in this cruel world. And with that, did Kiriya went through a whole lot of hardships with [name] by his side, helping him out.

Ensuring he was alright, showing him the rare smile that only he gets to see then. And his heart was starting to fall deeper for her once more.

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐲. ¹

That saying, Kiriya often heard it from his mother then whenever she would read him a short story when she has the time and wasn't worried about demons attacking them at any given point in time as well.

And one day, he realized what his mother had meant as he looked at the one sleeping next to him with a soft smile on her face. How his heart would speed up every time he took a look at her, and how she would always greet him with a smile.

His loving wife.

He watched as she started to shift in her sleep slightly and soon opened her eyes. Her pink-tinted lips curled up into a smile as she realized her husband was awake then.

How long has it been ever since the final battle? A good 10 years now, and the duo had gotten married. With a peaceful life filled with nothing but pure bliss was something that they had always wanted.

With the sounds of their children running about in the Ubuyashiki Estate, did they realize how lucky they were to be able to achieve such a life.

"Kiriya?" she softly called out and Kiriya turned to look at her after picking up their newborn child who was their 3rd child. He smiled gently as he looked at her exhausted features as he tried to gently coax the young boy back to sleep given how he was woken up by his siblings running about instead.

"Thank you," she whispered out and Kiriya looked confused then.

"For loving me until now," she added on and his lips curled up into a smile then as he leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead, where she could only smile gently at.

"𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐝. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐝. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠," ²

----------

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝

1. Young love goes a long way.

2. I will get old. You will get old. But I will still look in your eyes the way I looked at them when we were young