Chapter 104

The day of the Lomiere Conglomerate's founding anniversay finally arrived.

And as expected,  I am wearing the white gown made by the stylist I met at the Lomiere's.

Otousama was overjoyed by the fact that I am well acquainted with Lomiere-sama and even have their stylist to make the gown for me.

Okaasama on the other hand,  which I expected to jump in joy,  actually only smiled and said it was good.

Unlike the Novel's okaasama who would leaped to heavens if she knew that her daughter is friends with the ML,  the Okaasama I have right now seem to have no interest in me making friends with Lomiere-sama.

As if he was just like any other guys I am  friends with and nothing much deal about it .

It is weird but somehow it made me feel relieved knowing that Okaasama won't push me towards Lomiere-sama.

Arriving at the venue,  which was already filled with limited guests from the aristocratic families,  the four of us entered in elegance and pride.

Many have greeted

We are from the House Reinhatt after all.

One of the 6 great families of Celis,  to be exact.

I looked around to see a familiar face,  and as expected,  no presence of Dotts can be seen.

The corner of my lips curved.

After looking for a while,  my eyes reached Maxwell-sama's and his family.

Seeing me,  Maxwell-sama smiled widely and approached me while Mr and Mrs Maxwell approached Okaasama and Outosama.

Brent-chan was beside me, holding my other hand.

"Greetings, Maxwell-sama"

"Greetings,  Maxwell-oniisama"

Brent and I greeted him.

"Likewise,  Betti-chi,  Brent-chan.  How  have you been? "

Maxwell-sama and I was im the middle of idle talks when I can't help but noticed his changes.

"Maxwell-sama,  if it's not awkward,  I would like to ask you something"

Maxwell-sama smiled sweetly.

"Sure"

I smiled and looked at Brent-chan. Brent-chan understood my intentions and thus dashed towards Okaasama and Otousama.

Maxwell-sama and I went to the corner of the hall to get some privacy. While walking towards there, I can't help but glance at him for multiple times trying to make sure I was seeing the real Maxwell-sama.

He stopped and so am I. He turned to look at me and since he's way taller than am I even though I am wearing my 3 inches long heels, he hanged his head down and I raised mine.

I took a deep breath and met his gaze.

"What is it that you want to ask ne?  Betti-chi? "

As if the Jacob Maxwell I'm facing right now was a different Jacob Maxwell,  a sense of unfamiliarity swelled up inside me.

He suddenly sounded so mature as well as his bearing.

Trying to shove my thoughts at the back of my mind,  I smiled.

"I wanted to ask,  are you not in love with Alice-sama? "

Directly and bravely,  I asked him the question that's been bugging me eversince he said he had no plans of breaking the engagement off.

He looked at me for a moment and later on averted his gaze.  He smiled,  but it didn't reached his eyes at all.

It was sad.

For some reason,  I cannot tell anymore what Maxwell-sama is thinking at the moment.

"Well, I... "

He was about to answer me when someone spoke behind us.

"Such a lovely night,  why must you guys seclude yourselves in a place like this? "

Maxwell-sama and I both turned our heads to see who it was.

"Steffan-sama,  Lomiere-sama"

I answered as Maxwell-sama remained silent.

Feeling a little awkward of this situation, I cleared my throat and smiled gracefully.

"Greetings Steffan-sama,  Lomiere-sama.  Many thanks for having us here"

I greeted as I smiled.

Steffan-sama nodded his head and smiled.

Lomiere-sama on the other hand took a quick glance towards me and the shifted to Maxwell-sama.

Feeling curious of whatever is going on,  I follwed his gaze and also looked at Maxwell-sama who's doing the same.

Puzzled as I was,  Steffan-sama chuckled and spoke.

"Well,  tonight's gonna be a special night.  We must enjoy ourselves to our heart's content,  I supposed? "

Breaking the awkwardness off,  Steffan-sama spoke.

The event finally began with the usual formalities.

The invited guests were only few and all of them were from elite families.  While some are the key personnels of the Lomiere-conglomerate and representatives of each department.

I was sitting at the corner munching my food in delight when Lomiere-sama went on my way and stopped in front of me

He frowned looking at me eating to my heart's content.

What?

Is eating a sin?

Have you not see someone ate at a party?

Damn kid.

"You sure know how to enjoy yourself huh?"

He asked as if he was amazed.

My lips twitched as I roll my eyeballs.

"Whatever you say.  Eat if you want tss"

Forgetting all the formalities,  I answered him in annoyance.

He smirked and sat beside me.

I looked at him angrily.

Why must you sit beside me?

Sit somewhere else will you?

"Whatever,  pig"

"Kuuugh..! "

I almost choked the moment he said the word pig.

"Wh.. What? Pig!?  Who?  Who's the pig! "

I angrily asked.  He looked at me raising his brows.

"Do you see anyone else besides us here?  Or is it that you can see something I can't?"

He asked sarcastically.

-_-#

I took a deep breath calming myself down.

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Though I forgot formalities with this damn kid,  I still didn't forgot that this kid is a ticking time bomb who'll cause my doom.

"Lom.. "

I was about to say something when a crew went to Lomiere-sama's side and whispered something.

Though I was curious,  I chose to ignore them and looked somewhere else. And there I saw the approaching Maxwell-sama. I smiled at the sight of him.

"Oi"

I turned to look at Lomiere-sama who stood up as he offered me his hand.

Looking at it in curiousity,  I asked him.

"Yes? "

"Dance with me"