Chapter 6: An Intergalactic Offer

<Percy>

The portal swirled with splashes of different colors, the most prominent ones being purple, silver, black, white and gold. The golden symbols swirling around it making it even more beautiful. For some reason I could understand what it said, May the Universe Forever Prosper.

I am confused as to why I can read the language as it is not any language on Earth, Greek or Latin. I know that the people of the Universe speak Ancient Greek traditionally but they have their own languages just like we do on Earth but unlike other planets the dominant race on Earth is non-magical and knows nothing about other planets, same as most of the magical race. Just the Olympians know about it and not that much anyways since they have never travelled out of the planet. Why? I still don't know.

I quickly ended my thoughts so that I could pay attention to the portal. The opening of portals is a power that can only be used by Chaos and those who are directly related to him or he has blessed with it. So only someone as close as his child can be born with that power. I know that Chaos' only children are the Primordials and that because they are creations and are not actually born from him, they did not inherit the power. Especially because they are created to be a personification of their domains with powers only related to their domain. This means that whoever comes out of this portal has to be either Chaos or one of the commanders of his army who I know are blessed by him once they earn the rank, but if they lose it the blessing is taken back.

All these thoughts went through my head in a second as a person stepped out of the portal. The first thing I saw was pale colored hair which lets me know that the person coming out of this portal is definitely not Chaos. I have read descriptions of Chaos and for some reason it is quite easy to remember how he looks. He has long dark purple hair with silver, white and gold dots moving around on it. It depicts the Universe, just like his eyes. But his eyes have even more colors. They shine showing galaxies, as shooting stars fly across them. They sound beautiful. His skin is pale but not enough to make him look white, it is rumored that he wouldn't become tanned even if he spends a month in the sun. His skin is a contrast to his colorful eyes and hair which apparently makes him look very handsome. Or at least that is what the book said.

I really don't care what the books say about Chaos though. His army leaves people to die and only ends wars when they see that they threaten his reign. It disgusts me.

Once the person fully stepped out of the portal I saw that they had pale skin with a pink tint to it with bright pink eyes. Their hair was a color between white and silver. She wore a kind of tiara that was placed at the back of her head. It was silver with intricate designs. All in all they were beautiful. But of course, I am not interested. I am pretty much done with romantic love now. She looks at me with a kind of superior air as if she felt that I should be kneeling in her presence. She reminded me of Annabeth, that made me hate her even more. The fact that she is obviously a commander of Chaos' army already annoying me.

'I am Elina. The Commander of the most powerful army in the Universe. I am here to offer you a chance to join our army as my second-in-command Perseus.' With a start I realized that I was not wearing a hood. Blackjack was also not in his disguise and was instead his usual form as a pure black Pegasus- the only pure black pegasus. After some research I found out that Pegasi never have the color black which means that Blackjack is one of a kind. I was not that surprised that Chaos knew about me, he is the creator of the Universe. And the Olympians probably report to him on the happenings on this planet, just like rulers do on other planets. Though the gods think of me as a monster and traitor so I wonder why Chaos wants me to join his army. But now that I think about it she said 'our army' not 'Chaos' army' as if she is completely in control. I thought that Chaos was in control. I have to look into this.