Chap 5

-------->Cedrick on the side.

~Connor~

The heat, it was all over me again but strangely I felt nothing but a warm breeze.

'Help me!'

It was the same voice from my dream earlier.

"Connor!" wait this wasn't the same voice.

"Oh god, Connor, please wake up."

With a struggle I pried my eyes open only to see blurry images,

"Connor?"

"Caleb?" I coughed out. He sighed in relief,

"That's dad to you mister." His attempt at trying to be stern made me crack a smile.

My vision cleared as I sat up; realizing I was on the ground I glanced around to see Caleb and Uncle Jim kneeling beside me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"What happened was that Jim saved your crazy butt from burning to death! What were you thinking running into their fight like that?!" Caleb exclaimed staring down at me with worry. Frowning I glanced at Jim,

"Burning?"

Then it came back to me, I remembered how my mate stood facing off to the ice lady. How he made a tornado of flames appear out of thin air. All I could remember thinking was I had to stop him before anybody else got hurt.

"Yes and thank god Jim was there to contain that crazy guy from killing all of us." Caleb growled shaking his head. This caused me to shot up in a sitting position.

Did they lock him away again? I won't allow them to, not after all Constance and I went through to free him. I won't allow them to kill my mate!

"Where is he?" I asked staring up at my dad. Caleb rolled his eyes.

"Hopefully long gone from us" he muttered.

I reached out and took his shirt in my fists,

"Where is he dad!?" a looked of surprise crossed his face at my demand.

"I think he's with the Head Elder, Mr. Heath." Jim spoke up.

Struggling to my feet I staggered towards the door, my wolf was screaming his refusal at being separated from his mate. And he could careless at how dangerous he was. I heard Jim and Caleb's footsteps behind me as I walked out the door and down the hall towards the Head Elders office.

"Connor what the hell do you think you're doing?" Caleb growled grabbing my arm.

"I'm going to see what Mr. Heath did to him." I said matter a factly.

"Like hell you are, how you could want to be around that guy after what he did to you."

"He didn't hurt me on purpose and I'm fine. Anyway I was the stupid one to walk in that fight." I had to snatch my arm out of his hold so I could continue to the Head Elders room.

"Jim say something to him." Caleb pleaded. I paid no attention to them as I spotted the door I wanted and burst through.

Mr. Heath turned his head towards the door and watched me with an irritated scowl. I saw his gray hair and could only guess how old he was to get such a color.

"Well do come in Connor, it saves me the trouble of going to find you." his well-educated posh accent grated on my nerves and I narrowed my eyes at him, cockily stomping fully in the room, my little entourage behind me.

I glanced around the room taking in the dark wood finishing's of the walls and his desk, the black leather chair behind it, along with the Persian carpet with its intricate patterns. There were two stiff leather chairs facing the desk, and a wall bookshelf filled with leather bound, frayed, and hard covered books. I glanced over to the other side of the room where a beautifully carved table was placed up against the middle of the wall; it held a decanter half filled with amber liquid and two whiskey glasses next to it. Above it hung a real coat of arms shield with two swords pierced through it. All in all the room was very old worldly, it was like I stepped back in time and into the room of a noble from the eighteenth century.