Chapter 21: Invitation

Cole's Pov

"Why you agreed, for yellow casting tape?", I ask Luna, as we walk towards the exit door of the hospital.

"Because, you were making that disappointed face, when I said Yellow is hideous color", Is my poker face, that bad?.

She continues"I am not changing, my opinion, about yellow color, but I don't want to offend you, so I agreed for yellow casting tape",

"Yellow is really my favorite color, you know when I was in middle school, I used to have yellow bag pack, yellow lunch box, everything thing was bright and yellow for me", Luna cringes, over my obsession for yellow.

I continue,"It was also my best friend, Charlotte's favorite color",

"Charlotte?",

"Yeah, she was my best friend",

"You had a best friend?", Luna asks in surprise.

Off course she would be, surprised anyone would be surprised, if I say I had a best friend, in the past, because I don't have any friends now.

"Where is she now?", She asks.

"She now lives in New York, she moved to New York, when I was in freshman year of high school", I remember when Char aka Charlotte, told me that she is moving to New York, because her Dad got transferred to New York. My heart broke, she was my only friend. Though we promised to stay in touch. Somehow we lost touch, after a few months after she moved to New York.

We step out of the hospital, and Luna comes in front of me, and says,"Oh, don't worry, you have me now, I can be both your fake girlfriend and your best friend", she gives a smile, the smile in which her blue eyes, twinkles. From the past few days, I have known Luna, I got to know, she has different types of smiles, and out of all, this one is my favorite.

Luna's driver pulls, the car in front of us, and interrupts our movement.

"Do you want a lift?", Luna asks.

"No", I shake my head,", I have to go, to meet my Dad, in his restaurant, sorry in the restaurant where he works, which is nearby, so I can go by myself",

"Okay, bye then", she opens, the door, of the car.

"Bye", she seats in the car.

"And Cole, you owe me",

"What?",

"I agreed, for yellow cast, only because of you, so now you have to do, something just like this for me", she smirks.

"Okay", I smile.

"Bye Love", Luna smirks, and closes, the door of the car. And the driver, of the car, starts the car, and takes Luna with him, leaving me behind, waving like, an idiot.

........................................................................

Luna's POV

I ring the bell, of my house, and Grace opens the door,"Miss Luna, what Doctor said?",

"Can't you see Grace, that I am wrapped in this hideous color", I pass through her. I only agreed, for this yellow cast because of Cole, as his face fell down, when I said, yellow is hideous color. It was clear like day, on his face that he was offended. I don't know how?, but Cole have become, important for me. There are not, too may people in my life, who are left, to call them important, and Cole is among, few people, in my life, who is important to me.

"Miss Luna, this came for you, today", Grace points, to the table, in the living room.

I walk to the table, and I find chocolates and an invitation card. It is an invitation, to charity art auction, hosted by Hazel Gomez. Looking at the invitation, one idea occurs to my mind, to fulfill, Cole's part of the deal.

I pull my cellphone, from my bag, and I dial Cole's number, he receives on the third ring,"Did you forgot your part, of the deal", I go on, without giving him, time to speak.

"What?", He asks in surprise, as if he doesn't know, which deal I am talking about.

"Are you really stupid?, or are you acting like one?",

"What are you saying Luna?", He asks.

"Tell Luna, I said Hello", I hear Mr. Davis telling Cole, from, the other end of the call.
"Dad, said Hello to you", he tells me.

"Yeah, I heard, Tell him, I said Hello to",

"Okay, but first you tell me, why are you calling me stupid, and about which deal you are talking about?",

"Did you really forgot?, That to, so soon, about your part of your deal, you agreed to be my fake boyfriend, only if I help you to publish your story",

"Oh", he says slowly.

"What oh?, I have an idea, to publish your story", I tell him in excitement.

"How",

"I got an invitation from Hazel Gomez, for a charity art auction",

"Who is Hazel Gomez?",

"You are really stupid, you don't know about, any socialite in Seattle, Hazel Gomez is girlfriend of Jenny Bloom",

"Jenny Bloom, you mean The Jenny Bloom, the publisher", Thank God! At least he knows, who is Jenny Bloom. And I bet he only knows about her, only because she is a publisher.

"Yes, and we are going to, a charity art auction, hosted by her girlfriend and there I will introduce you to Jenny Bloom as an aspiring writer",

"No Luna, I can't come with you, I don't know anything about these types of parties", why is he getting so anxious?

"First, it is not a party, it's a charity art auction, and you are coming with me, you owe remember?", I use my Trump Card.

He sighs, and give in"okay", but there is no excitement, in his voice, that I had expected. Instead of excitement there is anxiousness in his voice. I hope at the charity art auction, everything goes well, and Cole impresses Jenny Bloom.

Author's Note
Hello everyone, how are you all?, I hope everyone is safe and happy, because happiness is most important thing in life, and I will be so happy, if you all liked today's chapter. Stay tuned for new chapter.
With Lots of Love XX