Chapter Five || can't breathe

"ADINA, WAKE UP!" I hear Sawyer shout, scaring me half-to-death out of my sleep

"ADINA, WAKE UP!" I hear Sawyer shout, scaring me half-to-death out of my sleep. "You're gonna make us all late for school at this rate." I roll over onto my back, with my eyes still closed.

"Uggghhh! Do I have to?" I whine, stretching my arms above my head. As I wipe the sleep from my eyes, a pillow whacks me harshly in the face.

I quickly turn, a glare prominent on my face, to see Sawyer smirking as she sits on her bed, buttoning up her dress shirt. "Seriously?!" Another pillow is thrown at my head. "Okay, okay. I'm up." I tell her as I get out of bed and make my way to the bathroom, the sound of her laughter echoing through the hallway.

I quickly shower and finish all the things I need to do before coming out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around my body. In a rush, I head over to my side of the room, my uniform hung up on my desk chair.

At first, I was annoyed about that, even though my last school also had a mandatory uniform. But, I eventually decided to get over it. I have bigger problems to deal with and the uniform isn't too bad.

I put on my white dress shirt and red tie, the school emblem stitched onto it, leaving my top button undone. My pleated, red and white skirt falls just below my mid-thigh, small enough that I don't have to roll it up like I saw Sawyer had to do.

My shoes of choice are black Mary-Jane's, which I put on over white socks. Thinking I'm finished, I look in the mirror, deciding to grab my oversized grey hoodie to put on over my uniform, the school allowing for some form of accessorization.

I put a little bit of concealer below my eyes, to cover the slight dark circles, due to lack of sleep, and then apply some mascara on my lashes before adding clear eyebrow gel.

I grab my bag, a black corduroy tote which I find easier to carry around with me, I also get my Nike practice bag for try-outs today.

I walk down the stairs and find that everyone is already eating breakfast, so I quickly grab a plate and dig in.

After breakfast, the girls, James, Flora, Gray, and I all got on the mini-bus to be driven to school. James is behind the wheel, his kids in the car seats strapped behind him, the rest of us filling the back of the vehicle.

When we arrive, all the girls and I head to our lockers before we go to homeroom together while James goes to drop the children off at the elementary school building. Sadly, my locker isn't near any of the girls' since they're in alphabetical order.

I decide to put away the books I don't need, as well as my practice bag before I plan to head back to where the girls said they'd meet me.