° SIXTEEN °

The students went silent as soon as Jeremiah walked inside the class. He walked towards Bimpe's seat and sat down.

Bimbo glanced at him as he opened his textbook and started reading. She could hear some to her classmates whispering about the fact that Jeremiah didn't switch classes.

She rolled her eyes as she used her pen to scratch her hair. What part of the rules did her classmates not understand? They just liked trouble.

Bimpe walked into the class and walked towards her seat before giving Jeremiah a small smile.

"Snr Jerry" she greeted as Jeremiah nodded and allowed her to pack her bag and her books.

"Where are you going?" Jeremiah asked as Bimpe balanced her school bag on her back.

"The girls and I are having this project together so we would be in the dining" Bimpe replied as Jeremiah nodded while Bimpe hitched over to Bimbo.

"I told you we were going to have a fine prefect. Stare as much as you want" Bimpe whispered and Bimbo playfully slapped her shoulders as Bimpe walked out of the class.

Somehow, the students were able to hold their mouths although there were whisperings here and there.

Bimbo turned to the back of the Physics textbook again before frowning. She had got the answer wrong for the tenth time. She sighed quietly as she turned over to a fresh page to solve the question again.

"Do you need help?" Someone asked and Bimbo suddenly felt like she had heard the voice before as she turned to Jeremiah shocked and surprised.

Jeremiah glanced at Bimbo before he stretched his hand and grabbed both her textbook and jotter. He placed it in fronr of him and scanned through it before turning to her again.

"Are you going to continue staring or come over here and see what I am doing?" Jeremiah asked as Bimbo rushed to her feet and stood beside Jeremiah watching him as he solved the question.

Everyone in the class looked at the duo in surprise as a few of them started whispering. Bimbo felt drawn to Jeremiah's face as he explained the question quietly.

If she knew his parents; it wouldn't have been hard for her ro realize that Jeremiah was the carbon copy of his dad. A photocopy. From the arched shaped brows, to the flat nose, his chocolate eyes to his pink lips that moved as he spoke.  With no expression on his face; he looked like an animate wood carving.

Bimbo definitely knew that Jeremiah was handsome. It wasn't easy to keep topping the ranks for three years, nine terms. He kept been voted in. She had seen him a few times but never this close and yet she couldn't believe there were humans this handsome.

"Do you understand?" Jeremiah asked as Bimbo fell out of her trace. When she didn't reply; Jeremiah turned to face her and Bimbo immediately lowered her head cursing inwardly.

Jeremiah didn't say anything as he flipped back to the first page "Listen carefully, I won't repeat myself" Jeremiah said as Bimbo nodded and this time she did listen carefully.

"Thank you Snr Jerry" Bimbo said as Jeremiah waved his hands and Bimbo sat down back on her seat.

The prep went on smoothly and as the bell for prep over was rang everyone began to pack their bags. Jeremiah packed his notes and textbook neatly into his bag and walked out of the class.

Bimbo slung her school bag over her shoulders and saw Jeremiah's water bottle still by the window side. She grabbed it and ran after him hotly.

"Snr Jerry!" Bimbo yelled as she ran.

"Snr Jerry!" She yelled as she kept on running. The latter soon heard someone calling his name and stopped the meeting he was having as he turned to see Bimbo running towards him, his water bottle in her hands.

"Snr Jerry, you forgot your water bottle" Bimbo said as she panted for breath while stretching the bottle to him.

"Thank you. I could have picked it up tomorrow. No need to go through the stress" Jeremiah said as Bimbo shook her head.

"It was really no bother" Bimbo said as Jeremiah nodded.

"Thank you then" Jeremiah said as he slid his hands into his pockets and started walking away.

Bimbo turned as well and started walking towards the hostel. She didn't see that Jeremiah had turned back at her the moment she turned and was watching her as she walked through the walkway among the horde of students till she was out of sight.

He started walking behind her slowly leaving a measureably distance between the both of them.

Bimbo walked slowly as she tried to catch her breath. She might be cold now and avoided people. She really didn't want to build relationships with people, whether friendship or anything. She had gotten heart broken in both 'ships'.

Rather than build another one that would get broken in the end, she didn't want to build any at all. Her opinons and thoughts might have changed, the way she did her things might have chased but she was still the same. She was still kind.

That was why she didn't hesitate to run after Jeremiah upon seeing that he forgot his water bottle. She noticed that he took few gulps as he read.

It was her own way of saying thank you for helping her with her assignments. Jeremiah's handsome face popped up in her head and Bimbo chuckled.

"He's so handsome"
°
°
°
°
°
°

Jeremiah turned as soon as Bimbo walked into the main gate that housed all the girls hostels. He walked slowly with his hands in his pockets towards the boys hostel.

As a prefect, he was assigned to a junior hostel. He walked past the gates of the boys hostel after giving the security guards a brief nod.

A figure that has been leaning on the wall immediately walked up to him and relieved him of his bag. 

"I heard you got assigned to B class" Farouq said with an amused smile while walking beside Jeremiah.

"Why? You want to laugh?" Jeremiah asked as Farouq laughed.

"I want to but before I do let me ask you a question. Did you ask Snr Mayowa to assign you there as their PP or it's purely coincidental?" Farouq asked as Jeremiah walked into the JSS3 hostel.

"What do you think?" Jeremiah asked as Farouq chuckled. The Jeremiah he knew would never ask Snr Dele to put him in Bimbo's class. He's been friends with Jeremiah for so long to know the simple basics about him.

Although the latter was one year older except for calling him Snr; the latter treated him like a friend. Farouq dropped Jeremiah's bag on his locker carefully.

"Wow. Fate's mean you know. You've been keeping your distance and now.... " Farouq said not finishing his sentence.

"Just had to send you there at the wrong time" Farouq said and Jeremiah chuckled knowing what Farouq meant. Bimbo had just gotten her heart broken by her best friend and her five year old crush. She was even avoiding getting friends; how would she accept someone that liked her.

But for Jeremiah; he just wanted to see her everyday. That was all.

MERRY CHRISTMAS IN ARREARS PEOPLEEEEEE

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. EXPECT ANOTHER ONE BY NIGHT TIME.

THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST BORING CHRISTMAS EVER.