chapter eleven: teletubbies

A tablet gets put on the table and Donghyuck looks down at it before up at their manager.

"What are these?" He asks.

Donghyuck purses his lips before smacking them and inhaling sharply- knowing fully well it's his fault. "I don't know..."

"Really, Haechan? Look!" Their manager lifts up the gadget to his face. "Your name and this 'mystery staff' has been trending all over!"

"I know, I know, it's all my fault. I'm sorry," Donghyuck apologizes and rubs his hands pleadingly together. "I won't do it again. Forgive me, please? Pretty please? With a cherry bomb on top?"

The manager sighs. "Fine, it's fine. Our side is winning, anyways. A lot of people are saying that you guys look cute and they like how it looks. It makes a nice image for you. But only to this extent. They may find it cute but don't cling onto her like that again? Understood?"

"Understood~" Donghyuck sings and the older shakes his head.

"Who is this staff, anyways?"

"She's Eunwol. My new makeup artist."

"Oh, that one. She's nice. But, make sure you know your distance. Even she got dragged into this," their manager warns and Hyuck nods.

He gives a salute. "Don't worry. I'll make sure she's safe."

Their manager then, leaves the apartment and let the idols rest.

Donghyuck's already seen the articles and he's already known most of it. From how the NCTzens are having war amongst them, how some fans are monstrously jealous and try to drag Eunwol down to the pit and how Eun's practically got her own circle of supporters and protectors now.

The manager then, leaves and the members all loosen up after the issues are settled.

"I'd know that huge hoodie and low cap from anywhere," Yuta recalls the picture.

Johnny nods, chuckling. "That's like, her uniform already. Not gonna lie, it looks a lot comfy and adorable. But, sometimes, she be walking around like some wannabe thief in pastel colours."

"Ah! She reminds me like one of those rainbow animalsㅡ Wait, or were they aliens?" Mark presses his brain to remember.

Jaehyun furrows slightly in thought, finding his description familiar. "You mean, Teletubbies?"

"OHHHHHHH, YOU'RE RIGHT!!!" The others sound before bursting in laughter.

Jungwoo shifts his focus away from them and notices a member's disappearance. "Oh? Where's Haechan?"

Johnny clicks his tongue and waves the question off casually. "He's probably back in the room and gaming again."

"Let's eat, I'm hungry," Taeil says and they all agree with the oldest.

"Yeah, let's go," Yuta sounds and some of them leave to buy food.

Meanwhile, Hyuck is in his room, texting with Wollie.

[fullsun☀️]:
Wahhhh, youre famous nowww
It's all thanks to me ;)

[moon🌙]:
this isnt the moment!!
look at all the articles they madeeee
thIs is why i said not to get too clingy 😤

now people's gonna say bad things about you NAJDJSJSK

yah
yAH
I KNOW YOU'RE THERE
STOP LEAVING ME ON READ YOU
TROUBLEMAKER

[fullsun☀️]:
I am touched
Instead of worrying about yourself
you worry about me

I didn't know you loved me that much
wollie-yah 🥺

[moon🌙]:
......bish what the heck

[fullsun☀️]:
KEKEKEKEKEKEKE

ANYWAYS
Don't worry, i'm fine
Our side is winning and you even
have your iwn set of fans now

[moon🌙]:
yeah, i did see about that one
they're so sweet <3

[fullsun☀️]:
Yeah, I know I am 😌

[moon🌙]:
not you
the czennies

[fullsun☀️]:
But I'm a czennie too~

[moon🌙]:
........
i suddenly do not know you

Donghyuck chuckles, his smile that's been etched on his face ever seen he started texting her, broadens.

He replies as his legs flap like he's swimming on the bed, oblivious towards Doyoung who's standing at the door, watching him.

Young analyses his face. He has gained enough basic knowledge to know what his expression means.

He's utterly head over heels.