𝙭𝙡𝙫𝙞𝙞 ── the fallout

𝙘hapter 𝙛orty-𝙨even
❛⠀the fallout⠀❜

the video started with the heaving, nervous breaths of the person behind the camera, and them shuffling to aim the video at the unsuspecting couple in the middle of a parking lot

the video started with the heaving, nervous breaths of the person behind the camera, and them shuffling to aim the video at the unsuspecting couple in the middle of a parking lot. it was dark and almost impossible to discern the two figures. however, as soon as they started talking, it was easy to pick up the irish drawl of the woman and the gravelly uttering of the man. so perfectly mundane for the girl with the tattoos and the boy with the deep voice.

"okay, so, you picked up the tea?"

"yes, rosie. one box of green, one box of english breakfast."

"a toothbrush?"

"and the toothpaste you use."

"cat food?"

"wet and dry."

"this is why i adore you."

"someone in this relationship has to have some sort of intact memory." axel grinned, but the grainy darkness of the iphone camera didn't show his face. nor hers, but that was less of a problem. "i just didn't think it would be me."

"i'm glad we made a list," she waved the paper in front of her, then pocketed it in her jeans. "because neither of us can remember shit."

"maybe that's why we're so good together?" he joked, pulling her closer by the belt loops. he didn't think anyone was around - that's where his blatant confidence came from.

"not the fact that i'm an aries and you're a leo and we were written in the stars?"

"baby, it's always about the horoscopes. but us being unable to retain any information must have something to do with it." he grinned, admiring her laugh for a split second before dipping his head and cutting it short. seconds after their lips met, the video stopped.

not only had it recorded their conversation when they first arrived at the car, the sappy exchange of almost 'i-love-yous,' but it had continued for another three minutes before they drove away. three minutes and forty-one seconds. five minutes and fourteen seconds in total. five minutes and fourteen seconds of their life that had been broadcasted to the whole world - almost exposing corpse's face and definitely exposing their relationship.

it wasn't theirs to share, and that's what made roisin the angriest.