THE BIRTHDAY

(Unedited)

Aria's PoV

I was standing outside a house in Tennessee, Klaus wanted to find a man called Ray Sutton, apparently we had to act as a couple to trick them into inviting us into the house to find him. I stood outside with his arm around my waist. When A woman walks outside the house from the kitchen door.

"Rudy! Rudy. Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you." She shouts looking around outside. She bends down and picks up a toy. When she turns around Klaus suddenly picks me up and we appear in front of her.she looks at us startled, so I give her a friendly smile which she returns.

"I'm so sorry. We didn't mean to scare you." He says in a fake American accent, it literally took everything in me not to laugh at how awful it was.

"Can I help you?" The women asks him cautiously. Taking a slight step back.

"Yeah, my car hmm, my car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. Eh I feel like I've been walking forever yours is the first house I come to so I was just hoping I could use your phone?" He asks her still using the horrible accent.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" She asks him suspiciously.

"The battery on his died, mine has broke and this one decided to not charge it you know what men are like." I pipe in as I pull Klaus's phone out of his pocket showing the women proof.

"Sure." The women sighs out.

"Soo, I can come in?" Klaus asks her smirking.

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." The women tells him.

"I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting." Klaus says now increasingly annoyed.

"I'm from Florida." She snips at him.

"Well, that explains it." He says as He grabs her throat and compels her. "Now show me a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea." He says to her angrily. A flicker of jealousy pangs through me, but I quickly get rid of it, what is actually wrong with me, I am Elijah's soulmate and I am getting jealous of his brother calling other girls pet names. I am snapped out of my trance by Klaus lightly pulling my arm towards him. We walk In the kitchen another woman is frying food and walks over to the counter with the frying pan.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning." The other women says. She turns around and sees the first woman and Klaus and I entering the kitchen. Klaus is holding the nape of her neck with one hand. The women is sobbing. I try to block out her cries, knowing I can't do anything, I can't help but feel guilty for helping Klaus trick her into inviting him in.

"What's going on?" The other women asks defensively looking over to her crying friend.

"Please don't be alarmed. I was told Ray Sutton lives here." Klaus tells both of the girls knowing, trying to find out where exactly Ray is.

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly." The women says whilst shaking in fear.

"But I expect he makes it home, once a month. That's what I thought. Where is he now?" Klaus questions we rudely dropping the hold he has on my arm. She doesn't answer. "If I have to make you tell me it's going to be infinitely more painful for you. Hmm." He tells her with a massive smile on his face.

The other woman runs out of the kitchen and opens the front door, but Stefan is standing in the doorway. She immediately looks startled on Stefan's sudden appearance.

Me, Klaus and the first woman come up behind her. Klaus flashes her a devilish smile.

"I love it when they run!" Klaus tells her with a tone that suggests that he is happy that she tried to escape.