» 85 «

"That's easy for you to say," I huffed at Wren's comment, rolling my eyes simultaneously. "You have a girlfriend. You're in a relationship. Of course it's simple for you to find a date."

The girl snickered, amused by my serious struggle of finding someone to attend Slughorn's Christmas party with. "It's not funny," I insisted.

"It is," She laughed, her eyebrows raised. "What about Draco?"

"Not a chance." My voice sounded serious. Serious enough for Wren to falter in her laughter, and instead shoot me a concerned glance.

I never told her about mine and his last conversation. Apart from the fact I didn't think it was necessary, I was quite embarrassed about it.

Someone begging me to stay away from them was a first.

"Okay, uh-" Wren knew inquiring further wouldn't get her anyway. I assumed she was willing to wait until I came to her in my own time and told her about whatever happened.

Maybe I would.

Her eyes roamed the common room, and inevitably fell on Blaise. "-What about Blaise then? I'm surprised he didn't ask you already." An amused grin found itself on her lips again, and she quirked an eyebrow at her suggestion, her eyes still on the boy.

"And then what? I'm supposed to just go over there and-" Wren interrupted me before I could finish the thought.

"Merlin, Y/n. You're making this so much harder for yourself," She sighed, a hint of annoyance in her voice. "Blaise!" She called out, making my eyes widen, a horrified look on my face as she waved him over.

What followed must have been the most awkward interaction I ever had.

His head snapped into out direction, his brows furrowed as he walked over to us and took a seat next to my best friend with a confused expression on his face.

"Are you going to Slughorn's Christmas party with anyone yet?" She asked bluntly, a bored expression on her face.

By now, I was leaned back into the couch as far as I could, my head buried in my hand, and my body slouched over in hopes I would just disappear.

"No, actually. I haven't asked anyone yet," He said, the confusion prominent in his voice as he tried to figure out what she wanted.

"Great. Well, Y/n doesn't have anyone, either," She explained with a shrug.

"Please, just shut. up." I muttered under my breath, knowing Wren could hear me just fine.

"Well, I was going to ask her-"

At that, I sat up straight, leaning forward to look at him, a confused look on my face.

"You were?" Both Wren and I said at the same time, though Wren sounded excited. Meanwhile, I was just utterly confused.

"Perfect," Wren added, flashing both of us a bright smile before getting up and leaving without another word.

"I'm sorry about that," I said quickly, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Well, it all worked out for the better, didn't it?" He laughed, tilting his head slightly. I nodded.

"I guess it did."

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*✧

"Smile!" A bright flash caught my attention before I had the chance to smile, and I hoped the picture taken would never show up anywhere. Ever.

Blaise and I stepped further into the large room, our arms linked.

"Did I mention you look great tonight?" He asked, a charming smile on his lips and an eyebrow raised.