12

Butterfly

"Love is a maze damn but you is amaze,"

The morning's golden light penetrated the glass windows and gave the whole room a natural glowing and warm vibe. The soulmates stood amidst all of that glow, the taller one busy fiddling with his soulmate's wrist. 

"What's this?" Mishil asked as she watched Namjoon fixing the fit bit band on her wrist."A little help! For you and me." Namjoon said, fixing the band, the hint of a smile evident.

"Huh?" She asked, quite bewildered. 1 week after the nasty reveal of their bond Namjoon was persistent in staying by Mishil's side. The company was sweet enough to grant the soulmates some time before they returned to the normal stream of life. And, unfortunately, Sora was struggling to make ends meet before the fast-approaching debut of TXT while BTS was equally busy with their upcoming albums.

Without Namjoon, things simply refused to fall into place. They were needed back at work!

"I'll fall into schedules, starting today, while you'll be busy with Sora NoonaAnd, I don't want you to go days without healing! So, here's something that will remind both me and you that it's time you need healing." Mishil couldn't help but notice the soft pink hue arising on Namjoon's cheeks, which she found adorably cute.

"It's alright! You didn't have to do this. I would've gone to you if I felt weak." Mishil knew what were the consequences of saying those words. Only she knew how she'd felt with each passing hour. The pain she's endured, for the past 3 months, was more of a scar than a memory.

But she'd vowed to herself, that she would not hinder Namjoon's work just because her bond was a faulty one. Namjoon laughed and grasped her small hand in his large one.

"You know I can feel whatever you feel, right? Then why do you even try hiding your feelings from me?" The boy asked playing with her fingers. She turned beet red, mentally cursing herself for being such a forgetful person.

"You think I didn't feel those panicky and rapid heartbeats in the span of the last 3 months? At first, when those happened, I thought they were mine. But when Leo explained our bond, all of it started to make sense." He kissed the back of her hand and said, "You think you hiding your pain spares me the pain?"

She remained unresponsive, her head down, their hands still interlocked. "You don't see me capable enough to share your pain, huh Mishil?"

She immediately looked up at him, her eyes widened and slightly moist. She grasped his hand tight and shook her head. "Then what? Talk to me." Namjoon pleaded, his voice soft. He was kneeling in front of her now.

"I just...I mean you already have so much to handle. The boys, the whole of BTS, and now, me...I just...didn't want to burden you...I tried to ignore the pain...so that.... just uh...I didn't want to bother you." Truth be told, she felt like a bother to him from the very beginning. A soulmate who wasn't planned or wanted.

That too, the bond that brought them together was as bad as being faulty.

Ever since the revelation of their bond, she was scared that she'd have to leave the man in front of her. And, the thought itself made her heart rip out! Said the man, now looking at his soulmate, his eyes glassy and his jaw clenched.

"Bother? Aish Mishil!" Namjoon said, sighing and tugging at the roots of his hair. She flinched at the abrupt shift of his demeanour and Namjoon noticed it. He sat back down, placing his forehead atop her knees. Out of instinct, Mishil tangled her fingers in his blonde hair.