nineteen

Arriving At Theo's House (December 20th)

Theo's house from the outside is absolutly stunning. Clean, brick walls that go all the way around the house, a gravel path from the driveway to the door and white fences all the way around his yard. His yard is huge with a pond, a barn with horses and even a field and gardens. The house was a light grey colour and the green and colours from the gardens make the house look so bright and happy. I know from my stay a couple years ago that the people inside aren't the happiest. Their parents are never home so it's just Theo and his younger sister by a year, Olivia. She's so sweet and I know Theo tries his best to make the holidays fun for her, which means we pull out everything. Christmas movies, tree, decorations, presents, hot chocolate and even Christmas cookies.

Theo's parents are always home when we first get to the house but then they leave right after we get there. They're only really there to make sure they come home safely.

"Hi Mom." Theo says when he opens the door to his house to see his mother getting her shoes on.

"Hi dear, I see you brought some friends." she says.

"Yeah, you remember Maya." he says and she sends me a smile. "And Malfoy."

"Ah yes. Welcome back Maya.. and nice to see you again Draco." Theo's mother says. I know he doesn't like when people call him Draco but I also know he won't say anything to her because she's an adult. Instead, he politely smiles and nods at her.

"Your sister is in the other room with your father. They should be joining us any minute and then i'm afraid me and your father have to leave." She explains.

"I understand." Theo says.

"You will take care of your sister, Theo." His mother says coldly.

"Yes Mother."

"Ah I thought I heard voices." His father says as he walks out with Olivia behind him. "Nice to see you son, and Maya, and Malfoy. You brought everyone this year."

"Yeah Maya didn't have anywhere-"

"I'm sorry to rush this but we have to head out now. We might not be back until the day you leave." His father interupts.

"Okay, Merry Christmas." Theo says as he wraps an arm around Olivia.

"Bye children." They both say as they leave.

There was a moment of awkward silence before Olivia broke that by running over to me.

"Maya! I'm so glad you're here this year!!" Olivia says as we hug each other.

"Ugh me too! I missed you kiddo." I say as I hug her tightly. "We're going to have a fun Christmas this year."

"I'm glad you're here and... is this your boyfriend??" Olivia asks as she turns to face Malfoy.

"No they actually hate eachother... or used to.. I don't really know." Theo explains.

"We're friends." Malfoy says which causes Theo to shoot confused glances between Malfoy and myself.

"isn't that what you all wanted?" Malfoy snaps.

"I guess but I never thought it would actually happen." Theo admits.

"Well it did." Malfoy says.

"So what are we doing first then?" Olivia excitedly asks Theo and myself.

"How about we put up the tree first?" I suggest.

"No thanks." Malfoy growls which causes me to roll my eyes.