chapter 33

(your pov)

"when do you find the time to steal all of my things?" is the first thing i hear when i reach the bottom of my dormitory steps. waiting, leaning against the back of the couch with his arms crossed, is draco with a smirk on his face.

"i actually come into the boy's dormitory every night to take something, have to be awfully quiet to make sure i don't wake you." i descend the last step, quirking an eyebrow. "don't need to worry about goyle though, bloke snores like a pig."

draco's head shakes as he chuckles, his blond hair masking his forehead when he looks back up at me with a small smile. "i want my shirt back."

"shirts." i correct him, taking a few more steps toward him and squaring my shoulders to his, "and no."

with a quick peck on his lips, i turn on my heels and begin my walk out of the common room, my bag of books swinging by my side.

i don't need to look back to check on him, i can hear his footsteps trailing behind me.

he matches my pace by the time we're walking upstairs, his hand coming to my lower back to guide me around the castle. he loosely fills me in on the argument him and blaise were having this morning, and i roll my eyes at blaise's confidence to spur on draco. i tell him about pansy's not so secret disappearance from the dorm last night, and he tells me the same goes for theo. we have a nice walk to the great hall to catch up, go over how classes have been this week, and focus on things besides drama and his 'work'.

i'm smiling widely when we walk in, but his face cools when his eyes skim the room, seeing pucey already seated- at the end of the table we usually take.

"front end of the table today?" i whisper.

"by the professors?" he mumbles back, his head leaning down slightly.

"i don't see another option." i scan again, the middle section is completely full, and our end by the door does not seem ideal at the moment. "draco, ple-"

"alright." he nods, his hand meeting my back again and leading me to follow him to the front of the great hall.

i sit on the far side of the table, giving me the perfect spot to view the whole hall. i nod along to his stories and ask questions every now and then. draco eyes me curiously as i stare over his shoulder, scanning the ravenclaw table while absentmindedly chewing my toast.

"you know, when i asked you to breakfast i didn't expect you to make eyes at someone across the room."

i focus back on him, panicked for a second, but find that he's smirking. joking. thank god.

i sigh, "sorry, i'm just...." i trail off, wondering if draco knows about daphne. i run through her stories in my mind- blaise knows, pansy knows, i'm almost positive she told goyle, no clue about theo- i find a lack of information on whether she came out to draco. "looking for someone." i decide on that, thinking i should confirm with daphne later so i don't accidentally let anything slip. my eyes betray me, trailing luna as she walks in and takes a seat.

draco frowns, turning over his shoulder-

"don't look!" i reach over and his wrist, "besides you wouldn't know her-"