15

Lights were flashing, voices came from all around.

You were burning.

You couldn't breathe.

Someone lifted you from the ground and you could vaguely make out the voices of those closest to you.

"What happened to her."

"The villains, they surrounded her, all of them. One of them seems to have burned her pretty badly."

"She-she used like eight different quirks, how is that even possible?"

"We will talk later, right now I need to get her to Recovery Girl. It's not just the burn, somethings wrong, did you see anything else happen?"

"There was one point where it looked like she activated all of her power in a single moment. Doing so seemed to inflict pain throughout her body."

"This isn't good, I need to get her out of here now. Where's Bakugou?"

"The villains managed to grab hold of her, and Bakugou pushed her out of the way at the last second. But they took him instead."

You attempted to move. You needed to help them, you needed to get him back before it was too late.

But moving caused the pain to increase tenfold, and your mind ventured into darkness.

-----------------------------------

"Mom, why do you never talk about my father?"

"Because he is not a part of our lives. He is only your father by blood, your real family is here."

"I feel like I deserve to know at least a little bit about him."

She stopped what she was doing and sighed. "Your father is dead. He has been for around six years I believe."

Your face fell.

"Do not mourn his death, my love. Your father was not a good man, he hurt people, innocent people... all for his own gain."

Now you were confused. "If he was so horrible how did you two... um you know, end up with me?"

"Your father was a master manipulator. I had no idea who he was or what his true intentions were. When I learned of him and his past, I ran, and I haven't looked back since."

"So he's the reason why you say the outside world is dangerous for me? If he's dead why is that still a problem?"

"Your father had many allies in his life. Ones who will see to it that his name is avenged, those are the ones I worry about."

"You think they'd try to hurt me? I would kill them before they got a chance."

She smiled sadly. "When your father said he wanted a child I was ecstatic, I thought we would begin a family and lead happy lives together. But after uncovering his true identity, I found that he planned on using his child as a successor, he wanted them to aid in his reign of terror. At that time I was already pregnant, and I swore to never let him lay a hand on you."

--------------------------------------------------------

You squinted as you opened your eyes. The lights above were bright, and sunlight streamed in from the windows.

Hushed conversations came from around the room, you weren't in pain anymore. But you felt exhausted.

The entirety of the class had surrounded the bed you were lying in.