I'll Keep You Safe(Peter Maximoff)

Hey Guys! I am so sorry this took way longer than I expected to get set up but I want to thank you all for being so patient with me. 

This was a request from @valory78 thank you so much I hope you like it~

Type: Fluff

Warnings: Anxiety 

I laid there with my head on his chest. Slowly drifting asleep. 

I was in Peters's dorm room and it was 3 am. I had been having night terrors for the past month and we don't know why. When it gets too bad, I will sneak up to Peter's room and fall asleep with him. Peter and I had been best friends for as long as I can remember but we have been getting closer the past month and a half or so. I would see him a lot more. We would go out on unsaid dates and such. It was sweet.   

"You asleep?" he said playing with my hair. 

I pretended like I didn't hear him and kept my eyes shut.

"Goodnight gorgeous. I love you," he said kissing the top of my head. 

My heart beats fast. 'Did he really just say he loved me?' nI ask myself keeping my composure. 

I push it to the back of my head and assume he meant as a friend. Then I actually fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up to no Peter. He was gone. I frowned and got out of bed. I put my jacket back on and walked to the door. 

Right before I could open it, Peter came in with a bag of food.

"HEY! Good morning sleepy head!" he said handing me a breakfast sandwich. 

I smiled. "Goodmorning," I said taking a bite of my food.

I sat down on the edge of his bed and ate. 

"So what're the plans for today loser," he said ruffling my hair.

"Uh, nothing really. I was going to go see a therapist about my night terrors but after that I'm free." I said finishing my food. 

"Well after, I can pick you up and we can go to the gardens and talk if you want?" He said smiling at me.

"Of course. What time is it now?" I asked getting up and throwing the wrapper away.

"It's 10:46," Peter said as he looked at his watch.

"CRAP I have my appointment in fifteen minutes damn it!" I said running out the door. 

"See you later then!" Peter yelled from the doorway.

I ran to my room, cleaned up, and went to the therapist. 

~Time Skip To You In The Therapist Office~

"So what are the terrors usually about?" the woman asked me.

"Uhm, usually there about me being alone or left alone and something is trying to find me but I don't want it to find me." I tried to explain.

"Hmm... have you had any deaths in the family?" she asked writing things down on a notepad.

"No... I don't really have a family." I said as she nodded and looked at her notebook.

"So tell me a bit about what's been going on in your life," she said looking at me with a smile.

"Well, not much. I go to school, come home and see my friends. After this meeting, I'm going to hang out with my friend Peter." I said smiling.

"Ooo tell me about him," she said writing in her notebook again.

"Well, we have been getting really close these past two months or so. We see each other a lot. He takes me out on dates and we just kind of hang out. I have been seeing him every night now. Because of the nightmares." I said smiling and slightly blushing thinking about what he said last night. 

"Oh I see what's going on here." the lady said smiling at me.

"You have separation anxiety. That's what's causing your nightmares." 

I stared at her in awe.

"Y-your saying i'm attached to Peter?" I said looking down.

"Yes ma'am I'm afraid so," she said giggling. "That's alright though hun. Next time you come in we will talk about how to be independent and take those nightmares away," she said getting up.

I stood up and shook her hand.

"Thank you..." I said leaving.

I walked out of the building and back to my dorm room. I got refreshed and waited on Peter to pick me up.

I was debating on whether I should tell him what the lady said or not. He did say he loved me... maybe I should.

"(y/n)?" I heard Peter knocking on my door. 

"Yes hi!" I said opening it. "Let's go"

I said as I lock the door behind me and walk out the door. 

We walk (aka Peter carried me) all the way to the garden.

We get to the poppies and take a seat on a bench.

"It's nice out here. Isn't it?" he said wrapping an arm around me.

I blush. "Yea it is... but um, Peter I have to tell you what the therapist said to me," I said looking into his eyes. 

 "Oh yea sure is everything okay?" he said looking at me concerned. 

"She said" I took a deep deep DEEP breath. " That I have separation anxiety... and I'm attached to you," I said shutting my eyes not wanting to see his expression. 

There was silence.

"(y/n)... look. You don't have to be ashamed of that. Here, you will just stick with me 24/7!" he said as I slowly opened my eyes. 

He smiled at me and gave me a quick peck. 

"Thank you Peter...."