chapter 2. introductions.

Soon enough, I find myself on a Republic cruiser with my new master. He said they named the ship 'the Negotiator'. He briefly points out a few important spots around the ship, until we're interrupted.

"General, I—oh, who is this?" a clone walks up to us and asks.

"Oh, yes, I do believe introductions are in order," Obi-Wan says. "Arlo, this is Commander Cody. Cody, this is Arlo... Just."

I give Obi-Wan a confused look at my new name. He just smiles.

Cody holds out his hand to me. "Nice to meet you, Commander Just."

"Good to meet you too, Commander Cody."

"Cody, if you wouldn't mind introducing my padawan to the others? I'm receiving a call from General Skywalker."

"Yes, sir. Follow me, kid," Cody says, nodding for me to tag along with him.

I follow the commander around the cruiser and let him introduce me to many of the clones. Much to my surprise, they're all so different from each other.

I had nice conversations with Crys, Trapper, Tracker, Peel, Wooley, Gearshift, Longshot, and many more, but I was already particularly fond of two friends named Waxer and Boil. We talked for a bit while Cody went to go find Obi-Wan again. They told me stories of their times as scouts for the Ghost Company of the 212th, and I told them about some of my experiences. They eventually helped me find my way back to the bridge, where Obi-Wan and supposedly Cody were. My master talks to two people on a hologram as we enter.

"So let me get this straight, Anakin. You risked the mission, all of your men, even your padawan, to save a droid," he inquires.

"R2 found the listening point, and he saved our lives. We couldn't just leave him there, Obi-Wan," the man on the hologram replies.

"Oh, Anakin. One day..." Obi-Wan mutters.

The young torgrutan female next to the man Obi-Wan called Anakin speaks next. "I'm glad we got R2 back, Master. But Obi-Wan does have a point."

"Ahsoka, I knew you would complete the mission. Besides, R2 is more than a droid. He's a friend."

"Right," Obi-Wan sighs. "Now, I'd like to introduce you to—Cody? Where's Arlo?"

Cody looks over. "She was talking to—"

"I'm right here, Master, no worries," I say as I walk up next to him.

"Thank you for bringing her back, Waxer, Boil," Obi-Wan says with a nod to the duo.

"You're welcome, sir," Boil says. I wave goodbye to him and Waxer as they exit the bridge. They wave back with a smile and put their helmets, which they had taken off, back on. I face the hologram.

"Anakin, Ahsoka, this is my new padawan, Arlo. Arlo, this is Anakin Skywalker and his padawan, Ahsoka Tano."

"Nice to meet you, Arlo," Anakin says. "You've got yourself a fine master there."

I smile. "Nice to meet you too, Master Skywalker."

"Hi Arlo! I can't wait to meet you in person!" Ahsoka exclaims excitedly. "I bet we'll be great friends."

"I... yeah. I think we will." I grin as their hologram disappears.

"Well look at you, Arlo, already making friends," Obi-Wan says. "So, tell me, do you like your new name?"

I smile. "I've never had one I've actually known before, so I suppose I do."

"I think it suits you," he tells me as he hands me two guards for my arms, one with a comlink attached. "You'll be needing these, I believe."

He helps me put them on my arms. The cool, black metal is sturdy and covers midway to my elbows up to the backs of my hands, but allows me to move my wrist freely. The commlink crackles as Obi-Wan fiddles with it.

"That should do it."

"Thank you."

"Of course. Now I suppose I should give you a more proper tour now." He crosses his arms and begins walking as I follow beside him swiftly.