Chapter 5- What?

Trost was still filled with the sounds of dying people, whether it was in the mouth of a Titan or those wounded left to die.
We flew over all of them.
Then my gas gave out. I threw Armin so he landed on a roof, grabbing the edge of the gutter with the other hand as the gas hissed and gasped. Groaning I hoisted myself up. Panting I looked at Armin.
Armin had to get to the gas. He could then come back for me. I motioned to a flying Reiner for him to take Armin. Armins eyes went wide and he started to shriek. "No Layla!"
"Hush Armin." I said putting a hand over his mouth, "I will be fine. Get there and sort the gas out. And then come find me. I will make sure to stay alive."
He just nodded behind my hand. And jumped onto Reiners back.

I watched them leave, knowing that promise may be broken. I could not promise to stay alive any more than we could bring those back that had perished. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. Red like wine. Red like blood. That was my hair. Streaked with gold highlights like I had been kissed by the sun. My eyes, having turned darker due to the exhaustion of training, were very tired.
I stood there surveying Titans and my comrades getting further and further away.
I gulped, swallowing my fear. I had to try and clear the way for them.
So I opened my mouth and started to do the one thing I hadn't done since entering this world.
I began to sing, stomping my feet to the beat that I knew so well.
Bum bad bum bum
Bum bad bum bum
"We will, we will rock you,
Buddy you're a boy, make a big noise,
Playing in the street, gonna be a big man someday,
You got mud on your face, you big disgrace, kicking your can all over the place, singing."
I had some of their attention, if I could stay out of their reach for a while....I would have a chance.
"We will, we will rock you!"
I shouted jumping from house to house, narrowly dodging hands and mouths. Shooting the grappling hook to help. Then I made it to the bell and climbed to the very top.
"We will, we will rock you, buddy your a young man, hard man, shouting in the street, gonna take on the world someday, you got blood on your face, you big disgrace, waving your banner all over the place." I struck the bell once. The ringing echoed. Hopefully that would catch the rest of the Titans attention. I was high up enough that none could reach me. Yet.
"We will, we will rock you!" I screamed over the echoes. "We will, we will rock you!, buddy your an old man, poor man, pleading with your eyes gonna make some peace someday, you got mud on your face, you big disgrace, somebody better put you back into your place!"
At that a huge roar sounded not that far from me.
I almost feel in shock. There was another Titan, this one looked tall enough to grab me. I couldn't help the shiver that ran though my body.
This one looked different though...familiar too and I couldn't put my finger on how.
It lumbered to start with, then it noticed the Titans around me. And that's when it began to run.

I dived inside the bell, as the Titan collided with another, hitting the bottom of the tower. A Titan fighting Titans? This was new. I peeked from my hiding place to watch. The new Titans face was so close as he was fighting. I blinked and then said.
"Eren?"