[ ten ]

Badger

Badger...

She sighs, leaning onto the sink with her free hand as she thinks through the same thing for the hundredth time this week.

Well, obviously, she figures in her head, that's for Hufflepuff. And the lion is probably Gryffindor, andto an extent— the Weasleys...

The paw print, she recaps next, her hand still moving in small, precise and semi-aggressive circles, for... Loki? Maybe? I'm not so sure what else it could be....

Her eyes draw from the toothbrush in her mouth to the jangling piece of silver around her wrist.

The crescent moon? Not a clue...

She spits the foamy mint from her mouth into the sink. She leans onto the counter and washes it wash down the drain only for her gaze to be pulled away to the charm bracelet again. The feathered wing dangles off the edge into the marble bowl.

Again, no clue...

She wipes her mouth with the back of her hand and lifts the decorated wrist so she can examine the charms again.

The bug one was the most obvious to her.

Mum calls me 'bug', she reminds herself. She must know all these other things too...

The question now was why did she give Evelyn the bracelet?

She continues to think on it, just as she has been for the past ten days. She hasn't worn it until today though. It wasn't until she'd figured her mum had sent it that she thought it would be fine to actually wear. The bracelet became less taunting and more endearing.

Her thoughts trail one another in a compressed marching line. They link together in all kinds of ways, leaving no room for extra thought or attention to her surroundings as she mindlessly beelines her way to the entrance courtyard on the cool Saturday morning.

In the mummified walk of clouded thoughts, Evelyn doesn't even notice Adrian Pucey and Draco Malfoy walking towards her... that is, until she bumps shoulders with Aiden.

She's shaken from her thoughts. The words, "I'm sorry," leave her mouth before she can even register exactly what happened and who she'd run into.

Her and Adrian lock eyes and it takes him a moment of looking her over with his thick brows knit tight before he shrugs. "No worries, Wyre," he says.

Draco looks at her the same way as Pucey does before all three of them turn their separate ways.

Suddenly, her thoughts are interrupted by a question of why she felt so off about the way they'd just looked at her.

She makes it out to the courtyard, her mind jumping between the looks and the bracelet. The crowd huddled in the middle of the grey stone falls out of their quaint chatter and watches her walk to them with an estranged look on her face.