• [ 38 ] •

Rose's POV

It's been four days of blood, sweat, and tears. The first two days after I received the orders, I sketched and drew up every design with meaning that I had to give. During these past two days, I've been slaving away in the shop. My muscles are beyond sore from overwork, and my hand cramps up if I work too hard.

For Ambassador Theodore Declan, his order was not as complicated as some of the others. I melted metal in an elongated dagger molds and got the ink engraver ready like I did when I made my katana.

His first request was to have a design that showcased his two elements with a uniqueness to them. I sketched a drawing of a fire with a wolf in front of it. The fire behind the wolf symbolizes that the fire can be contained and controlled. I chose a wolf because nature masters are able to communicate with animals, and I thought it a good reference to the werewolf community.

When both drawings are combined, it shows how the wolf is looking outward to the fire, as if looking for the answers in the flame. This design will be engraved on the Ricasso and will be detailed enough to depict the separate yet unified design.

Ambassador Declan's second request was that there be a design that shows peace between beings engraved on the back of the handle

Ambassador Declan's second request was that there be a design that shows peace between beings engraved on the back of the handle. I chose to engrave an oak tree sprouting from a peace symbol. This represents the harmony within the supernatural community and the oak tree symbolizes that the ties between beings run deeper than what is shown.

In the example of a tree, there are roots far into the ground that absorb nutrients from the soil to support the life of the tree. This design shows the hidden wisdom and how history has benefited us from making reoccurring mistakes. As requested, this will be on the back of the hilt.

The Dual-Wielder's third request was that I design a surprise to be located on the front side of the hilt of the dagger

The Dual-Wielder's third request was that I design a surprise to be located on the front side of the hilt of the dagger. I decided upon a dove as a continuation of the peace reference. The sketch I drew was a dove because the birds are often symbolized as the bearer of peace between religions and other diverse opinions. A dove is delicate, yet beholds a mantra of harmony and peace.