Chapter 8 - Rejection hotline

Adjusting the high waisted swimsuit bottoms, you wrapped the sarong around your waist and grabbed your bag. Ready for a day at the beach, the girls were waiting for you in the living room.

"Ready?"

"Absolutely!" Wanda squeals as she adjusted her wide brim hat.

"Are you ladies off to the beach?" Steve and Bucky walk in after their morning jog.

"Yes, sir, Friday said today is the best day to go," You salute to the soldiers.

"Do you have sunscreen and plenty of water?" Steve and Bucky dismiss you guys after a nod.

"I'm ready!" Pietro zooms into the room wearing speedos, holding a pool noodle.

"My eyes!" You scream and clutch your sight, falling to the ground making Pietro pout.

"I think I look sexy, mi princessa,"

"Don't you 'mi princessa' me, speedy, I'm more like a queen,"

"Of course," he rolls his eyes.

"You can't come, Pietro, girls only," Wanda boasts as she took both you and Nat's hand and leading you to the elevator.

~~~

Waves crashed against golden sand, salty notes tingling your senses. The perfect spot was seen, the girls rushing there immediately as you strolled behind. Towels were laid out, umbrellas propped up and drinks cracked open.

"Cheers," Nat clinks the glasses. "Oh dear god,"

"Glad you waited for us!" Tony calls out.

"Dammit!" You groan, burying your head in your bag. "This was meant to be a girls day out, Uncle!"

"And I would have allowed it if Friday didn't tell me it was the only perfect day for the month,"

"Damn stupid intelligent AI," scowling, you avert your eyes. "Why are you wearing speedos?! You look worse than Pietro!" You whimper in fright.

"I'll try not to be offended," Soon the other avengers strolled in with their gear making you and the girls sigh in frustration.

"Sorry, girls, Stark made us go," Sam shrugs before setting up a bit away with the two super soldiers. Being the children they were, Peter and Pietro start to build a fort out of sand, Bruce watching and suggesting how to build it up.

"I apologize for the intrusion," Thor walks past in all his shirtless glory, Loki walking behind in a green Hawaiian shirt, giving you a side eye. Both set up next to you and the girls. Clint and Vision walk by, the odd pair talking about birds.

No you girls by Franz Ferdinand started to play from the speaker Nat brought. Standing up, you unwrap the sarong around your waist as Nat wolf whistles, the boys turning to glance at you.

"Oh shut up," you mumble with a smile before sitting back down on the towel and enjoying the sun warming your skin.

"Water?" Wanda offers her hand.

"Maybe later," the two shrug and leave you be. Humming the tune softly you lower your glasses to admire the group of guys walking by. Sitting up slightly you see one change course and walk over to you.

Damp black curls rested on his head, slim muscles glistening in the sun. "Couldn't help but notice you looking, baby," He says, completely ignoring the two gods beside you.

"Maybe I liked what I saw," you hum as he bends down to your height.

"Do you now? Well... you're not too bad, sweetie, you'd look quite nice on my shelf," He purrs. 'you're not too bad'? 'You'd look quite nice on my shelf'? What a smooth talker, you internally scoff. Huge turn off.

"Let me give you my number," taking out a pen you scribble down a number... not just any number but the rejection hotline number. The caller will hear a recorded voice mail with three options; a message from the team's comfort specialist, a sad poem, or unrealistic hope.

"See you soon, babycakes," returning the now repulsive smile to him you lay back before bursting into laughter once he was far enough.

"I don't like him," Peter scowls, walking over.

"Neither,"

"Then why did you give him your number?" the boys asks, confused as you shook your head.

"I gave him the number to the rejection hotline, I hope he enjoys the sad poem and emotional support they offer," you smirking tugged a smile yet again at Loki's lips. Peter snickers and pulls you up.

"Come on, help us build the fort!"

"Might as well," bending down you start to scoop up sand, dodging the sand that Pietro threw around. Loki let his eyes trail to you, eyes dilating, shifting slightly. He let his eyes stay too long and Thor noticed.

"Look any longer you may strain your eyes, brother," Thor hums in amusement.

"I'm not-"

"And I am not the god of thunder," a dagger appears in the trickster hand making Thor chuckle and walk away. "Give her a show, brother, you always intrigued the ladies back home,"

"Zip those lips before I cut them off," He growls. Loki watched as you laughed at the pile of sand Clint was buried under, curtesy of Pietro. Rolling his eyes, he revealed his lean chest and discarded his shirt to the side, leaving him in the swimming shorts Stark had provided.

"Hey, Peter, can you get some shells-" You look around for the spider only to lay your blessed eyes on Loki stretching and walking away from his towel. "Dear sweet baby Jesus," You breathe out. He wasn't lying when he said he was a god. The defined but not overwhelming muscles along his skin sent a shiver through you.

If you weren't so dehydrated you might've been drooling right there and then. Your legs pressed together as he gave a side eye smirk. "Lady Y/n," He purrs, reveling the flustered state you were in.

"H-hi," You squeak.

~~~

Stuff

Stuff

- Anna ❤️