Chapter 20

(MIC Drop by BTS! BTW this chapter is dedicated to Evelyn_Esher.)

Sunday

Keefe's POV

Sophie's words keep replaying in my mind. I don't know what to make of it. I mean sure it makes since. Aella and Fitz's weird eye contact thingys on Thursday and Friday said something. But on the other hand Aella is too sweet to do something like that. She is just a sweet girl from Canada.

But still something seems off about her. Like every conversation, every hug, every kiss means nothing to her. I shake the thought out of my head. She chose me instead of Fitz. She likes me.

But I can't shake the feeling Sophie's words might be correct.

Monday!

I arrive to school. Bright and early. I couldn't sleep last night.

When I looked in the mirror I had giant bags under my eyes. I'm a mess. I didn't even bother styling 'The Hair' today. Some thing is going to happen today. I can feel it.

...
Aella wasn't at school today. Fitz was very jumpy. Something's off.

When the final bell rang Fitz dashed to the back of the school. I followed him

I could practically hear the intense spy music in the background.

Fitz looks side to side, I dash behind a trash bin. One whiff and I'm gagging. What did they do today? Frog dissection?

Once Fitz knows the coast is clear he slips out the back door.

I rush up to the door and press my ear on the cold surface. I hear distant murmuring. I open the door slightly to see. . .

Fitz's POV

Keefe keeps looking at me weird. But I mean it's understandable I've been kinda jumpy. Mostly because of the information I'm holding. I cannot tell Aella that they are bringing the Drayups to court in South Carolina. It would just make things too easy for her.

...

Once the school day was over I rushed over to the back of the school where I'm supposed to meet Aella. She demanded for more information.

As I hurried to the back I kept on feeling like someone was following me. I shrugged the feeling away.

When I reached the door I looked all around me to make sure no one is around. Once I finish I slip outside. I see Aella standing there, face hard.

"Did you get the information I need Fitz?" She said my name with distaste.

I nod quickly. The I just stand there, silent. "Well! Let's hear it!" She shouts.

"Well they are being held to the far north of Madagascar in some underground jail. 20 guards are always stationed around each of them. They are separated on either side of the facility. Guards travel in groups of 4. The guards surrounding the Drayups are so close to each other they can touch each other. They are in a prison with clear walls. Apparently the thing built to keep them in is indestructible. The jail cells they are in are no more then 2 feet by 2 feet inside. There are no air vents. Key cards are used to get in. There are 4 sets of doors to enter when you go in. At the entrance there are very few guards but as you progress more and more appear. The guards shift turns every 12 hours. The guards carry guns, daggers, and tasers. When you get closer to the Drayups the more security there is." I say it as fast as I can. Aella nods along with everything I say.

"What are you hiding?" She demands.

I don't say anything. "Tell me!"

"No." I say my voice wavering. "I have told you enough. You should be able to figure out the rest."

Her face hardens, she walks up to me and. . .

Aella's POV

As Fitz runs through everything he found out over the weekend, I can't help but realize there is something more he isn't telling me.

"What are you hiding?" I say fiercely.

He stays quiet.

"Tell me!" I shout my voice layered in venom.

"No!" He yells at me, voice cracking. "I have told you enough. You should be able to figure out the rest."

I'm shocked at his sudden bravery. I have to get it out of him one way or another.

I remember he likes me. I can use that to my advantage.

I walk closer to him. So close our noses are touching. I press my lips onto his.

I hear something creak I pull away. Keefe is standing in the doorway. Face full of betrayal, hurt, and anger.

He walks up to us.

Hey y'all!

Idk what to say today. But I took this idea from Evelyn_Esher. Thank you for this! Great idea!

I'm sorry this chappie isn't the best. I mean it's a little crazy but I feel like it moved too fast. But... *shrugs*

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FOLLOW!

-Fifi