8

Judd

I grab Lexi's backpack off the ground, her body getting up from her seat. She walks to my side and I take her hand, walking out of the classroom together. We don't say a word as we walk, my eyes planted straight ahead to the door.

She watches her surroundings, however, and I quickly tell her not to pay attention to them. I look down at Lexi and she looks up at me, her eyes meeting mine. My lips give her a smile and she grabs my elbow with her other hand.

It's become a normal reoccurrence for us to have people staring, but my eyes are always focused on her. Lexi and I are, what seems to be, the topic of a lot of conversation. It's not hard to hear people talking.

That and my teammates tell me that people are talking.

We get to my truck and I lift her into the passenger's seat, her body shifting into the seat. I shut the door and walk to my side, getting in to sit beside her.

I lean over and press a kiss to her lips, then I start to drive. I had asked if it'd be okay if every time we got in the truck, I kiss her before I start driving. First, she blushed profusely, but I really just wanted the permission first. Then she told me she'd love that.

It had hit me the morning I dropped her off after we spent all night together, that I have a little pressure on me. She's innocent; a thought that most people would jump for joy over. But for me, I'm really fucking nervous. Neither of us have great relationship backgrounds, and she's never had sex. I lost my virginity to my first girlfriend because that's what I thought was right.

"Judd," I hear, my head turning to look at her slightly.

"You alright?" I ask, turning down the music in the car.

"Yeah, I just want to know how you're feeling," she asks, and I reach over, grabbing her hand.

"I'm doing good. How are you?" I ask, and she's silent for a moment. I look over and I see a sight I wasn't expecting. Luckily I pull into my driveway, and I walk over to her side. I lift her out and she wraps her legs around my waist, clinging to my body as she softly cries into my neck.

"I'm right here," I whisper in her ear, walking into the house. I carrying her up the stairs and kick my door shut behind me, sitting on the edge of my bed. She lightly cries into my neck and she reaches her hand onto my neck, fingers lightly tugging my hair.

"What's going on in your brain, beautiful?" I whisper, rubbing my hands against the expanse of her back. She's so small; so fragile in my arms. I've grown afraid that if I grab her too hard, I'm going to hurt her. I'm trying to make sure I'm extra careful with her. She's uncharted territory for me, and I'm taking a really slow time exploring it.

"I'm overwhelmed with how people are acting. I've had a few of my friends asking about what's going on and if I've slept with you. One girl literally asked me how...big you are," she shakes, my eyebrows furrowing together. Girls talk about that kind of stuff? I thought guys were bad when we talk about asses and boob size. I'll admit, I've been in those conversations, but that was when I was fifteen and stupid.

"God, I'm so sorry," I whisper, knowing that I don't know what to say to make it better.

"I guess that's what happens," she sighs, my hands grabbing her face. Her doe eyes are spilling over with tears, her lower lip trembling.

"What happens?" I ask, not knowing what she means. I'm so clueless.

"What happens when I start dating the 'untouchable' Judd Styles," she uses her fingers, my hand brushing her hair away from her face. I lean up and start pressing kisses to her cheeks, doing anything I can to make sure she's taken care of. Who knew I was deemed the untouchable Judd Styles? It's kind of weird, but in a sense true, just because of my lack of interest in dating.

But Lexi's got me hooked.

"Look, I'm sorry that these people are saying and asking you this stuff. But I want you to know that I'm here for you. I like you, Lexi," I remind her, her hands pressing softly to my chest as I continue to hold her face.

"I'm sorry," she says, my thumbs brushing away her tears. I don't know why she's apologizing.

"You don't need to be sorry. You've done nothing wrong," I tell her, her head nodding. I bring her back into my arms and her entire body is encased in my grasp, my hands alone almost covering her entire back.

"When do you have practice?" she asks, and I respond back while keeping her in place.

"You're more than welcome to stay here if you want to just chill while I'm away," I explain to her, her head nodding.

"Would I be able to spend the night?" she asks, lifting her body so she can look at me. Lexi takes hold of my cheeks and I take in her doe eyes, her expression more relaxed now.

"Of course," I tell her, but deep down, I'm a ball of nerves. I haven't really had a girl over, let alone sleep with one. Sure I had sex, but I left before all the cuddling shit because that wasn't what I wanted.

Lexi leans down and presses her lips on mine, almost as if she noticed I was overthinking my nerves. My hands take hold of her waist and her thumb lightly brushes over my jawline, her head lifting slowly.

"You have to get ready for practice," she reminds me, and I nod. I lift her up and she stands, her arms still wrapped around me. I lift my hands and take her hair in my hands, pushing it behind her. I start to play with it and she smiles up at me, her eyes almost fascinated at my face.

"I like your hair," I tell her for what seems like the millionth time since I first met her. It makes her blush every time I do so, simply because I know it's a trait of hers she's not all that fond of. It's one of the first things I noticed about her that drew me in.

"Thank you," she beams, and I lean down to kiss her once more.

"If you need to, there's clothes in the drawers if you want to put something else on. Nothing will fit you though," I tease, her hand playfully pushing at my chest.

"No shit," she laughs, my lips smirking towards her.

"Seriously, if you want, you can. Lord knows your entire body will fit into one leg of my sweatpants," I can't help but chuckle, her hands running along my chest.

"You're not wrong," she laughs with me, my arm wrapping around her once more.

"You're alright though?" I make sure, trying to gauge where she's at emotionally. I'm doing everything I can to show her I care about her, as well as her feelings.

"I'm all good. I just got really overwhelmed, I think," she explains, and I nod.

"Always tell me when you do, please. I'm here for you," I remind her, kissing her forehead.

"I will, Judd. I promise."