chapter forty-four

"you pick, i've never been on one," she told him

"you pick, i've never been on one," she told him. he nodded, turning around to find one of his likings.

once he had, he turned back around. "that one? it's one of my favorites." he pointed upwards towards one of the bright red rides.

she once again had a hard time hearing, only looking distantly where his hand outstretched towards multiple different rides.

jaemin huffed, a bit annoyed with the amount of people talking loudly and yelling to their friends. with no hesitation, his hand fell to his side while his right one grabbed jiyoung's, intertwining them as he led her to the ride he picked.

couples, families, and friends all clouded around the two and made it hard for either of them to get where jaemin wanted them.

jiyoung made sure to stay as close to jaemin as possible with a tight grip holding him, not wanting to somehow get lost and fulfill her childhood nightmares of getting kidnapped.

maybe it's too late for that one...

her mind went back to jaemin as he finally came to a stop, waiting behind a short line of people. her eyes drifted away from jaemin as their hands stayed connected still, examining the ride she was voluntarily putting herself on.

she must have drifted away for a moment, the sound of jaemin's voice echoing outside of her ear as he tapped her hand softly. "you okay?" he asked, his eyes brows drawn down slightly in concern, "we can go to a different one if you don't want to ride this one."

she shook her head no, "i'm okay, just a bit nervous." she smiled upward at his taller height, although the mask made it hard for him to see.

he nodded, gripping her hand tighter and holding it close to his side as he turned back towards the front- peering over a few people to see how far they were in line. a few people must have decided the ride was too much. there were only two people left in front of them who were eagerly waiting as the couple in front of them began leaving, the man of the two looking like he could be sick at any moment.

"they're almost here, you sure you don't want to go on a different ride before it's too late?" jaemin asked, ready to leave at any moment.

jiyoung stood in place shaking her head no. getting on the ride wasn't hard. all she had to do was take a seat, get buckled in, and then have the bar lowered, and then they were off.

the only actual problem was managing to not pass out when they were going up tall hills, about to fall.

soon enough they were on the roller coaster, slowly going up to reach one of the peaks of the ride. jiyoung stared down towards the low dip, still a bit anxiety-ridden but not nearly as nervous as before.

in an attempt to comfort her shaken-up figure, jaemin removed his left hand from the bar and placed it on her's- his gaze forward, too scared to see her reaction.