Ch-6 Strange Feelings

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendants and noble companions.'

- Aameen.

Chapter Six

Strange Feelings

Sophia reached her hotel, and upon entering the lobby her eyes widened at the sight of George who gave her an eager pleased smile.

She sighed inwardly riveted by his dimples and the way his eyes shone as if she was the greatest treasure to have ever been found - this man was determined to break her heart!

But she also noted how the pretty receptionist looked disappointed as George came towards her. "I thought I left you behind... with all those who missed you," she said dryly.

"I don't care," he shrugged, "they're always saying what they don't mean... but I missed you the moment you left me, so I came here."

"You mean you're stalking?" but her smile said she was a bit impressed.

"No... maybe," he grinned. "You haven't yet agreed to my invite," he searched her face, his expression turning solemn.

"Would you leave me alone after that?" She started towards the elevator.

"Does that mean you will come?" He followed, his hand reaching out but let it fall down as she quickly moved away.

"Perhaps;" she called back wondering about this man who had confessed that his playboy reputation was an exaggeration and how he was sick of it yet here he had been waiting for her to come and no doubt casually flirting with the receptionist too.

God, what am I getting into? Pressing the floor, she leaned against the elevator's side, watching George as he entered and the doors closed.

"Thank you," he did not show how his heart skipped and tried to keep his delighted grin from spilling all over his face.

"Shall I go now?" her voice was a bit teasing yet her eyes showed the tiredness as they reached her floor. Am I a fool to fall for his beautiful face and persuading words?

He nodded, jamming his hands into his jeans' pockets fearing that to touch her now would end this tiny something that had budded between them.

"I have wanted to say this... you're a unique woman," he said marveling, his face serious.

"Not beautiful?" Sophia teased openly the formal mask no longer there as her eyes smiled into his.

George swallowed and shook his head as if to clear the vision before him, wondering whether this was real. Then he gave his slow devastating smile as he lazily took in her whole form, "You are more than that Sophia, want me to show?"

Her breath hitched as she tore her gaze from his trying to calm her racing heart. "Thank you but no,"

He nodded trying to appear casual yet his mind nearly exploded thinking what he would have done if she had agreed.

"'Night then," he said softly to which she finally said, "Good night," before leaving him once again.

The glasses clinked merrily as George and his friends toasted the newly engaged couple -Mattie and Ron.

As soon as they had all arrived at the stately restaurant, a politely smiling maitre d' had escorted them to their large table. The courses started to arrive and a sparkling Mattie said mischievously,