Chapter 150: Kuroka's words

- Long chap ✏ -
____________________________________

After the fight with Cao Cao, the Gremory team had many injured people. Rias sent out Kiba to check the place's status and they discovered that there are Grim reapers everywhere.

The group moved to the middle of the hotel which is the 13th floor out of 60 floors in total. Le Fay covered the whole floor with sturdy barriers and it served as the group's base. She could have placed defensive barriers on the whole area but a single floor is the limit in exchange of having a certain amount of defence.The group had the injured people resting on separate rooms on the same floor.

Xenovia and Azazel are now completely healed. Kuroka has also been healed but she is resting on her room after getting drained from patrolling the area. Moreover, the cat woman was on the lookout to make sure nobody would be after Ophis so she has been alert the whole time. This resulted to her stamina and mind being drained more than usual.

Vali had his wounds healed but the dragon-slaying curse wasn't fully removed on his body. Le Fay tried using Dispell to remove the curse but Samael's curse was simply too powerful. All Vali could do at the moment is to wait for the curse to wear off naturally and endure the pain.

As for Erin, she was also healed but she still felt a headache after using her skill at Cao Cao. She is resting on her room at the meantime, as per the orders of Rias and Akeno. The 2 girls strictly ordered Erin to rest and recover her strength while they monitor the status of the enemies outside

"Nee-sama why..."

Next to a bed, Koneko is sitting on a chair while looking down

"Why? Why did you save me?!" She suddenly got up and shouted. "I was supposed to be like a tool to you. Right, Nee-sama?"

"I wonder.. I also don't quite understand-nyan."

"Please don't play with me! The time you left me behind.. Do you know how many horrible things the people around me said to me? Even during the party in the Underworld you tried to take me away by force."

Koneko, who usually didn't speak that much, was releasing all the things she had built up inside her. Kuroka only went silent and didn't respond to the question which made Koneko more upset

"I can't understand you Nee-sama!"

After saying that, Koneko leaves the room and a melancholic sigh escaped Kuroka's lips
________________________________________

"I'm sorry Erin." Issei clenched his fists on his lap. "I wasn't able to help you and the others that much. If I didn't go unconsci-

"It's not your fault, Issei." replied the Goddess with a small smile. "Nobody predicted Cao Cao's overall motive and we didn't expect that his attack would render you unconscious. He must have seen you as a nuisance so he took you down early."

Erin patted the boy's shoulder

"Let's just think positively. It's good thing that you weren't able to suffer grave injuries."

"You're right. But still..." A glint ran through Issei's eyes and he spat Cao Cao's name with hate. "We'll get back at him somehow."

"Yes. We will." Erin gazed forward. "We will make sure that happens."

Issei bid goodbye to check on Asia. The blonde was temporarily resting on their room after being exhausted from healing the injured members

Silence filled the Goddess' room and she took this chance to gather her thoughts. The sound of the door being opened caught her attention and she blinked in surprise at the visitor