Chapter 21

This is...... Awkward!!!

We all sat silently on the dining table as both the brothers were glaring at eachother like spitting fire from thier eyes while Taha and I are exchanging glances silently telling eachother to run before we get burned too.
Oh God! This is soo nerve-wracking like a silence before the storm.

Am I scared?

Yep! Definately!

"I'll make some tea and bring some more breakfast." I quickly said getting up.

"And... I'll help you in that sis." Taha said taking it as an opportunity to run.

"It's ok Rahina. I've already had breakfast." Uzair smiled at me.

"Don't call her by her name! She's your older brothers wife, call her Bhabhi." Ruzhaan warned him.

And....the glaring began again.

Taha gestured me to sneak away from there and we both turned slowly to run until...

"Sit back down both of you....before I get mad." Ruzhaan said authoritively and we both turned back sitting back down in our seats mechanically as if nothing happened.

"Now that you mention it.... Bhabhi I would love to taste the food from your hands. I still remember the taste of the food you used to make for me on our romantic getaways. It's still lingering on my tongue." Uzair said emphasising certain words making me mentally facepalm.

Ruzhaan scoffed.
"Romantic eh?"

I gulped as he glared at me

"I... I'll get you some." I ran to the kitchen.

"I'm coming to help." Taha ran after me.

∆∆∆∆
I placed the plate in from of him.

"Thankyou." He smiled sweetly and I instinctively smiled back and by mistake gazed at Ruzhaan only to find him glaring at us both with such murderous eyes that it made a shiver run down my spine.

"Umm... it's soo good!" He moaned
"...Better than I remember. I'd always dreamt of getting to eat the food made by your beautiful hands everyday as my wife but...." He looked at Ruzhaan disdainfully.
".... someone stole that opportunity from me. Oh well, if not that way than this way." He said continuing to eat.

"Did you wanted a wife or a private cook?" Ruzhaan snapped.

"Atleast I didn't wanted a toy!" Uzair retorted.

And....the glaring began again?!

Both the brothers in the same house.
Oh God!
What's gonna happen next?
How many thunders and storms do we have to see?
Especially poor me?!

∆∆∆∆
I was busy in the kitchen cooking lunch when...

"Hmm... smells nice."

I turned to see Uzair smiling at the door.

"Oh, just cooking some dal and rice. Nothing special." I replied sheepishly.

"Dal? I thought you'd make biryani for welcoming me." He pouted walking in.

"Um..." I laughed nervously
"How about I make it on Friday?"

"Sounds great!"

I went back to work while he looked around.
"No one here's to help you?"

"A maid comes for cleaning every morning. The cooking and all, I usually do it alone." I said.

"Wait?! What?! Don't tell me that so for the rest of the day, you're the only woman in this house full of men?!" He asked baffled.