Chapter 22

"U...U... Uzair!"

He looked at both of us is such shock that it scared me. The sound was of him dropping his phone and I suddenly become self-aware of what I was doing just then and picking my dupatta wrapped it around me covering myself. I hastily wiped my mouth with the back of my hand unable to even lift my head up to look at him. Even Ruzhaan seemed a bit shaken and embarrassed when I looked at him from under my lashes. At that moment, I really wished the wall behind me could swallow me whole.

"You two....are.... really unbelievable!"
Uzair sain in a low husky and shaky voice.
"That to you have the audacity to do something like this here...out in the open?!"

I was nervous that Ruzhaan might give him a snappy answer but even he was quite.

"Uzair.... Uzair please just...." I tried to helplessly explain but

"Just stop it Rahina! Do you think I missed what kind of face you were making or....how you were.... touching....and...." His voice trailed off and he let out a heavy sigh.
"I....just can't.... I.... I can't ...even look at you right now!"

I saw tears streaming down his eyes as my own tears found thier way out and he stormed away from there making me watch him leave helplessly.
I looked at Ruzhaan who was moving his fingers through his hair and looking utterly confused.

I punched his chest weakly as I was and pushed him.
"You did it on purpose to create a scene in front of him, right? I HATE YOU!"
I yelled and ran to my room.

∆∆∆∆
Third person POV,
Taha saw Uzair storming past him and glared at him as he saw Rahina running away from Ruzhaan crying.

"Stop interfering in thier business chote!" He gripped his arm.

Uzair shoved his arm pulling it back angrily.
"Thier business?! Do you even know what I witnessed?!"

Taha shrugged casually.
"So? Isn't that normal. They both are hot blooded and young. Not to forget in a halal relationship. A newly married couple. They can do whatever they want!"

Uzair watched him stupified.
"Are you kidding me? He shot me... got me beaten up by low lives like you all....put me in a comma, stole my fiancé, blackmailed her to marry him and God knows what he did with my innocent Rahina all this time..."

"Ruzhaan never forced himself on her and mind well Uzair.... she's not yours anymore!" Taha himself raged cutting Uzair's raging.

"Yeah right!"

"You can ask her yourself, and even if whatever you said just now was true, do you think she'd be soo this comfortable with him?"

He kept a hand on Uzair's shoulder and changed his tone making it gentler.
"Leave them alone Uzair. Rahina loves Ruzhaan now. Don't try to break them apart or confuse and manipulate her innocent and naive heart. Listen while I'm being nice...."

Uzair pushed away his arm.
"I don't care. She's mine! And no one can take away what's mine!" He grunted.

Taha's eyes widened for the second seeing the look in his eyes.

****
I stood on the terrace watching the night sky. There weren't many stars in the sky tonight. The recollection from this morning was haunting me.

Ugh! Why did I do such a thing?!

You did it on purpose! I hate you!

Idiot! Why would you say such a thing? Clearly it was your fault too. U kissed him too, provoked him further...and what's more? Uzair saw us!