Chapter 152: Talk with Vali

Rias, Akeno, and Azazel went to a separate room to discuss the group's plan. On the meantime, Erin decided to check Vali's condition and see if the curse already lessened

On her way to Vali's room, she encountered Ravel who was looking after Koneko. The Goddess asked Ravel her reasons for staying behind and the girl replied that she chose to stay with the group because she was worried about Koneko and Kuroka.

"I'm also a member of the immortal house of Phenex. I won't die that easily."

This was Ravel's response when the Goddess asked her on why she didn't escape, seeing that she was a guest and should be protected.

Finally, when Erin reached Vali's room, the boy had his upper body up and was laying down. His wounds were healed thanks to Asia but his face is awfully bad.

Vali was breathing violently and seemed to be enduring great pain

"I never thought you would take that much damage from one attack."

When Erin said those words, Vali made a bitter smile

"Seems like I showed something unpleasant. I came here to take down Cao Cao. But I ended up like this."

"It means that's how insane the Dragon-Eater Samael's curse is. I didn't think you would go down without doing anything."

"Sounds like you are backing me up." Vali smirked faintly.

"I just came to realize how strong you are everytime I get stronger too." Erin leaned on her chair

"Yes so you have to catch up to me quickly."

"You sure are full of yourself." Erin rolled her eyes. "Which reminds me, did you obtain the power that surpasses Juggernaut-Drive?"

"So what if I did?"

"If that's the case..." Erin trailed off. "Then I guess I would feel relieved, even in the slightest. It doesn't seem like you to not do anything against Cao Cao anyway."

Vali nodded quietly saying 'You're right' against the Goddess' sarcasm

"Cao Cao stole Ophis' power without doing any flash attacks and he guarded Georg and Samael at the same time. He did all of that by himself and attacked us in a way that couldn't kill us. He fulfilled these 4 hard requirements with the minimum amount of attacks necessary. That's the leader of the guys who have their fangs raised against superior-beings and who are just humans."

"That's right." Erin released a sigh. "They observe their opponents very carefully and research the weakness of their opponents without any blind spots. On top of that, they look very deeply into the traits of their weapons."

Vali agreed at the words

"Remember that man's Balance Breaker carefully. That is a sub-species Balance Breaker that he developed through research and he still continues to do further research so it can take on the superior beings."

"Oh, you know a part of his powers, right?" Erin asked curiously. "What does his move called Truth Idea do?"

"Truth Idea is something very similar to our Juggernaut Drive. He can gain an overwhelming power though it will come with the price of going berserk. I don't think he could control Truth Idea because he doesn't have that much Demonic power..... no, magic power as me."

Vali continues on

"If it's defence, both you and I have advantage over him. His magical power isn't high either. If our attacks hit Cao Cao, he will go down. But of course, his techniques are too high."

"If it's in the Rating Games, he would be someone called the Ultimate-technique type." mused Erin. "His abilities specializes in attacking people's weakness. I could have defeated him if I damaged him at Kyoto back then. However, Cao Cao understands my abilities completely and it didn't seem like it would hit him at all."

"But you have skills he isn't aware of, right?" Vali implied the Goddess' move during the battle. "Then that would be an advantage against him."

"If I could use that successfully... then yes. It's a possibility."

Erin suddenly remembered about Ophis

"Hey Vali. Why did you send Ophis to our place? Weren't you only trying to use her?"

"Me? To Ophis?"

Vali made a reaction as if the Goddess' guess was completely off mark. The Goddess wondered whether Vali was telling the truth

"He used Ophis as a bait to lure Cao Cao out. But he did think about Ophis' wishes as well. He also tried to release Ophis from Samael's attack. If he was only after Cao Cao, he could have left Ophis like that and attacked Cao Cao right away." Erin wondered

"I was just someone who Ophis could talk to. She seemed lonely at times.... No, it's nothing." Vali shrugged off the thought. "I said something unnecessary. Forget it."

"So it's nothing huh?" Erin raised a brow and doubted the words. "Okay then. Let's put it that way."

"Ophis is the boss of bad guys. No. She was their boss. Even so, I will make sure she escapes here." Vali declared firmly

"Yeah. You can tell that something insane would happen if she gets caught by Hades."

"Speaking of which.. aren't you supposed to be exempted at all this?" Vali smirked with interest. "To be honest, I'm surprised that you get dragged by this chaos. I was thinking that Hades should have placed you out of this."

"Well.. I did have my options." Erin shrugged. "But I didn't take it so that leads me to my present situation. I'm going to participate in the plan to escape from here. What about you? Are you going to take a rest?"

"I would want to rest but I'm the White Emperor. Even if my body is affected by the curse, I can't be backing down from mere Grim Reapers. There was never a choice of staying out of it from the beginning for me."

"An embodiment of pride.." Erin smirked in satisfaction. "I'm relieved to hear something you would usually say."

"Erin Vermillion."

The Goddess was about to leave the room but stopped when Vali called out to her

"Let's finish our fight one day. Defeating you is one of my aims."

"Yeah. I'm looking forward to it." replied Erin without turning back. "That's why, you can't die in a place like this."

- End of Chapter -