50: After Headlines

" Albert, stop running!" Penny chased the giggling redhead down the hall.

" Penny, you'll never catch him." DeMarius laughed as the two ran past him.

" I will!" The ten year old called.

" Penny, he's too fast!" Michael Rios called.

" Albert Conor!" Sky called. The three year old stopped abruptly.

" Sorry, daddy!" Albert grinned. Sky shook his head with a laugh.

" Mommy, can you help me?" Penny walked over to Bexley, her flower crown all messed up.

" Sure." Bexley chuckled, setting two year old Analea on the floor to play.

" An! An!" Little Harper toddled over to Ana.

" Bexley, wanna trade?" JoJo joked as she scooped up William who giggled hysterically.

" I like my calm children." Bexley laughed.

" Ladies, the bride is ready." Josh strolled into the room.

" Okay." Bexley lifted Ana up to hand her to Josh.

" We going to see Cara?" Penny asked.

" Yeah." Natalie grinned, grabbing up Albert.

" Wanna go see mama?" Natalie asked Albert.

" Mama?" Albert perked up. The ladies, Penny, and Albert made their way out of the room, leaving the other kids with the guys.

" Knock knock." Bexley said as they made their way into Cara's room.

" Hey." Cara beamed, already in her dress.

" You look pretty!" Penny exclaimed.

" Thank you." Cara laughed.

" Mama!" Albert called excitedly.

" Hey baby." Cara grinned, taking her son from Natalie.

" You're wearing white!" He pointed her dress.

" Good job." Cara nodded.

" You ready?" Bexley asked, helping her with her head piece.

" So ready." Cara nodded.

" No second thoughts, right?" Anni asked.

" We already had a kid, a little late for second thoughts." Cara laughed.

oOOo

The ceremony was quick. And Sky cried, a lot. Which Cara thought was the sweetest thing ever.

The reception was where the fun started. They had their reception outside, under a large white tent. After a while, every settled into seats.

" So, as maid of honor, I was given the wonderful job of giving someone else the job the MC." Natalie said into the mic.

" So you guys get Josh and Bexley Burrage as your MCs!" Natalie called, passing off the mic to an all too excited Josh.

" Why did you give him a mic?" Bexley laughed.

" Hey." Josh poked her in the side.

oOOo

Cara and Leon shared their father daughter dance before Sky stepped in. Since Cara wasn't one for all eyes on her, she asked the others to dance with them. Eventually, everyone was dancing. Penny was dancing with everyone, switching from partner to partner. Eventually she wound up dancing with Sky as Cara dancing with Karl. The four toddlers created a circle. Albert and Harper were just dancing sporadically while Will and Ana were trying to copy the adults. Ben and Josh stood close by, laughing as Harper and Albert ran into each other. Bexley and JoJo tried to help Will and Ana, who sorta figured out how to dance together.

" I'll placing $20 that those two will be together by the time they're 16." JoJo joked.

" I say by 15." Bexley laughed.

" What?" Josh perked up.

" No." Ben shook his head.

" It's a joke." JoJo laughed.

" Oh, good." Josh sighed with relief.

oOOo

" Whatcha doing?" Ben walked out to the garden. JoJo sat at a bench, a paper in her hand.

" Just writing a letter, figured Will could use an update." She smiled.

" He knows." Ben grinned, sitting next to her. He never read the letters unless she showed it to him. She leaned against him, reading through the letter.

Dear Willy,

It's been a while, but I figured you could use an update. Though I'm sure you know. Now, where do I start?

I know, after tour. Once we got off of Newsies tour, I moved to NYC with Ben, Bexley, Josh, Cara, and Sky. Though we only lived there for about a month before we went on a roadtrip. And we saw the Grand Canyon. I know you always wanted to go when we were kids. After that, I made my Broadway debut in Mean Girls with Ben. Everything was kinda great.

Well, until Sky called off his engagement with Cara. It's okay though, they're married now. And they have a kid. And Josh and Bexley adopted and had a kid. And I got married to Ben, and had twins. Wow, there's a lot of kids.

The twins are named Harper Alessandra and William Benjamin. Yes, we named him after you. He even looks like you. The exact same nose. And now Ben and I are on Broadway together. Life is pretty great.

I still miss you, a lot. But I know you're with me every day. Anyway, that's what happened after headlines.

With love,

Josephine
"Little sissy"

P.S.
Wait till I tell Ben he's gonna be a dad again.

Well, that's that.