𝚂𝚊𝚕𝚝 & 𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚛

"Kei-kun. Let's have lunch together."

Tsukishima's head was ducked over his arms when he felt someone tugging on the sleeve of his uniform. He didn't realize that he fell asleep while waiting for his freckled friend who was assigned by their homeroom teacher to deliver their work books to the faculty room.

He slowly lifted his head with eyes still closed as his hand searched for his glasses under his table. It took him a couple of blinks before his eyes adjusted to the light and get a clearer view of his surroundings. A clearer view of the girl crouched beside his desk with her chin propped on the table.

"Did you get a good sleep, Kei-kun?"

Y/N asked with a smile on her face, getting back up on her feet while continuously tugging on his sleeve to help him up from his seat and the other holding a bag with their lunch.

Although it is impossible with their height difference, of course.

Kei stood up from his seat with a yawn, letting the girl drag him along.

"I told you to stop going to our room during lunch, right? You're scaring everyone whenever you're here."

Kei uttered lazily as they walk out of their classroom. 

"Eeeeh? I just wanna have lunch with you."

Being on different classes, this is the only time of the day where they can meet in between lectures. It is not the ranking of their sections, nor she's scaring his classmates away that they always seem to make way whenever she's passing by.

With her small face, (h/l) hair, and a smile that's always present, she's one of the first years who stood out from the crowd even with her short stature. Ever since day one, a lot of people wants to be as close as possible to her that's why she can consider herself lucky for gaining a lot of good friends. Including Kei and Tadashi.

They arrived at their usual spot by one of the benches behind the school building where the garden is situated. Only a handful of students know about this spot and it is usually empty during this time, aside from the occasional visit from them.

Getting a good shade is also not a problem since a tree is hovering the bench where you always settle in.

"I tried that ebi fry recipe that I was talking about the other day. You be the judge, Kei-kun."

Sitting side by side, she opened the bento that is on her lap. Designed with different vegetables, fried shrimp and rolled omelet, the dinosaur design caught Tsukishima's attention. The design was deformed when a chopstick picked up a fried shrimp that is leaned near his lips.

He hesitated at first but eventually took a bite on the shrimp. Slowly chewing on his food with an expectant look from the girl beside him. 

Tsukishima took his time on chewing that made Y/N lean closer to him in anticipation for her work to be judged. Noticing this, Tsukishima pushed the girl's face away from him with his big hand almost covering her whole face.

"Don't get too near, idiot."

"hmmphmmh hmmh!!!"

"How many times do I have to tell you that, huh?"

"hmm mnngnp hmmmg."

"You better be... beansprout."

He hissed, finally removing his hand away from her face. 

She wasn't able to get the answer she needed after spending hours of trying to perfect the recipe but at least he ate it unlike before where he will straight out refuse to even get near her cooking. Y/N can't really blame him since she long admitted that she's not the best in cooking. She knows how to bake and even on the pastry club but whenever frying or fire is involved, that's where hell breaks loose. At least according to Tsukishima.

Munching on the food she made for him, she flinched upon realizing that the bento is long gone when she accidentally poked her thigh with the chopstick to see it on Kei's hand, munching on one of the rolled omelets with the spare chopsticks in hand.

"Salty. Like always."

Salty or not. Y/N still broke in a smile seeing Kei almost finishing up the food she prepared.

"I'll add more sugar next time then!"

"Just don't cook again, idiot."

-----

"Suga, Daichi. What are you doing there?"

Suga and Daichi froze from their hiding spot behind a bush and quickly dragged Asahi down next to them, gesturing for him to keep quiet.

"Keep it down."

"What's happening?"

"Ssh. Just look."

Suga pointed at the bench a couple of feet away from them.

"Isn't that Tsukishima? Oh. It'sㅡ"

"I think the idiots are right this time. Suga, tell everyone to stay behind after practice."

Daichi ordered with a hand on his chin and squinted eyes not leaving Tsukishima's direction.

"Roger that!"

Suga saluted in a whisper.

"We'll have some interrogations to do later."

xx