Chapter Seventy-one

This chapter is dedicated to GraciousThole for the votes and all the love. Thank you so very much!

I groan when the alarm blares, and I feel around for it on the nightstand before grabbing it and turning it off

I groan when the alarm blares, and I feel around for it on the nightstand before grabbing it and turning it off. We slept around 4 AM in the morning, reading for exams. School has been kicking our ass since we got back from New York, which now feels like a vague distant memory. The number of assignments we had to submit the first week was truly vile. It's like the teachers are trying to pay us back for enjoying a week and a half of Spring Breaking.

I open my eyes slowly and lift my head up. My entire body feels like it's been incarcerated.

"Fucking hell." Steff groans from next to me. "I have the worst headache."

I glance at her with a look that says we fucked up. We spent half the night talking, which led to late hours of revision, which led to us falling asleep with our books wide open.

"I told you us revising together was a bad idea," I tell her. "We never seem to run out of things to talk about."

"I know, I know!" She waves her hands. "I wish I had a spare head I could transplant on my neck because this one needs some rest."

She rolls over and gets entangled with the comforter before falling from the bed with a loud thud.

"Perfect!" She groans.

I howl with laughter before going over to help her up. Thankfully, getting ready for school doesn't take us long, and in a few minutes, we are out the door.

"Should we get coffee or something?" Steff asks.

I glance at her quickly before looking back at the road.

"Coffee on an empty stomach?"

"I didn't say let's get an espresso shot." She slides down the seat with a groan. "Can the sun like... fuck off!"

I chuckle despite myself.

"Leave the sun alone. It's been a rainy couple of days. I'm grateful for a little sunshine."

"Coffee!" Steff says. "Now!"

"Okay, okay,"

We stop by Starbucks to get a coffee, and we miraculously make it to school on time. We meet our friends at our usual spot by the parking lot, and Liam greets me with a kiss.

"So, how did the revising go?" Jayden asks, eyeing us with a sly grin.

"Fantastic," Steff tells him. "We went over all the gossip we could think of. I think we covered everything, don't you?" She turns to me.

We all laugh at that.

"Is anyone free after school? We have to make a list of everything we still haven't got for the Prom decors. I've already made an excel spreadsheet, but I need someone to go over it with me. And no one wants to do the work. This whole last-minute planning thing is driving me crazy." Red says.