🌹Chapter 22🌹

Kayla's POV
Glaring at the phone I move away from it like it was a bomb that was about to blow. I watched it ring until the line went dead. I sigh in relief but that was soon cut shut when I hear my ring tone once again with that name I dangerously detested flashing on the screen.

Realizing that I could not hold on for so long for it might be related to work, who knows, so I grabbed the phone quickly answering it before putting it towards my ear listening to a series of command from a slurring Mr Liam, which was very  weird because the way he talked made it seem like he had been drinking but ever since I've known him I have barely seen him hold anything slightly alcoholic so him sounding really tipsy made me a bit worried.

Slightly alarmed and maybe frightened at what could keep him in such a state I quickly grabbed my phone and left not forgetting to lock the doors.

Boarding a taxi I reach the address he told me to come to within the span of a few minutes and I alight filled with awe at the marvelous building.

I wonder if this is his house because if it was then it will be an honour getting invited because I heard from some of the employees during their usual gossip session during lunch break, that he did not allow anybody but family enter into his home.

I head to the enormous gate pressing on the intercom and announcing my name and reason for coming. Once the gate was opened I entered once again stuck with amazement at the extravagance that was before my eyes.

I was ushered in by some guy who I am guessing might be Mr Hawkins butler. I gawk shamelessly at the fancy things that adorned the house not even bothered the least that someone was watching me, it had been so long since I had been surrounded with such fanciful things.

I continue staring until we appear in front of a room, entering I realize it's an office and seated there was Mr Liam and his friend Kyle. I was shocked as to what Kyle was doing in Mr Hawkins house but I guess it was usual seeing as they are best friends.

I watch as the butler bows towards Kyle's direction making me realize that he was probably Kyle's butler and this was Kyle's house, so if that was the case then why did Mr Hawkins call me here instead of his place or the office.

Standing in the middle I wait for one of the men to talk but instead I watch Mr Hawkins take repeated swigs from the now half empty bottle. I wait for a while but I see that no one has made a move to talk so I do so breaking the silence by asking him why I was called here.

"Sir you called for me" I said and I see him look towards my direction looking as though he hadn't realized that someone was standing here all along but instead of replying me he just turns back towards his drink. I see Kyle stand from where he was seated beside Liam and walk towards me, not sporting his usual bubbly smile on his face. Their temperaments are making me slowly creep out. I feel like I'm about to be told a very bad news and what Kyle said next confirmed my thoughts.

"Kayla, Mrs Hawkins had another heart attack and this was much more severe than any other one she had had" he said and I could not help but stagger backwards a bit.

Why was this happening to this poor woman, someone who doesn't deserve such pain, someone who put others before herself I felt super bad no wonder Mr Liam was drowning himself in alcohol  I wish I could help him, he'll them but I can't and I felt so useless. Looking over to Mr Liam's direction I notice his eyes were glossed over and full looking like all form of life had been drained from his face. I understood his feelings I once felt like this so I had a glimpse of what he was going through right now. But come to think of it why was I been told this personally when it could be told to me on the phone or maybe when I get into work tomorrow. I was kinda confused.

"It is very serious that she had to be hooked up to a machine, she is no longer the bubbly person we knew she is a shell of her former self but we need your help right now" he says before taking a pause making me more antsy than before then he continues "i know you and Liam have not had the best relationship since you began working for him but he needs your help on this one thing, before his mother had this attack she had requested from him that he gets settled down and give him some grand children" he pauses again taking a deep breath before looking backwards st Mr Hawkins who sat there acting as though it was not his mother we were talking about.

"So we want you to get married to Liam" he said and I froze, literally, I was unable to move and the first thing I did was look towards Liam who was looking dead straight into my eyes before storming out of anyplace sprinting for my dear life

What the hell just happened now?

A/N
So yay or nay?
How was it? We are slowly getting to the most interesting parts?
If you were in Kayla's position what would be the first thing you'd do?
Anyways please vote and comment.
Click on that little star and make this girl's face brighten up.
Thanks in advance.
Ciao. Peckie