Chapter 9: The Prince's Estate

When they arrived at the Prince's estate there were maids and butlers waiting outside to greet Lyrica. She stepped out of the car and took a good look of the place. His house was French-styled and looked like a white chateau. Outside there was a fountain and circular grass that surrounded it. Grey was carrying her luggage and they walked up to the stairs where the maids and butlers were standing. In the middle Jeremiah was there waving his hand. Next to him was a small girl with short hair and thin-rimmed glasses.

"Glory to the Valentino Empire!" They said in unison and bowed as she walked up the stairs.

"H-Hello!" She smiled nervously. She didn't know what else to say to them but she just greeted them nicely.

"How was your trip Lady Lyrica?" Jeremiah asked.

"It was nice, I came here safely thanks to Grey." She said.

"Haha!" Grey scratched the back of his head, "It was nothing!"

"This right here." Jeremiah looked at the girl next to him, "Is your lady in waiting, Ava Star."

"Star? That's a unique last name." Lyrica said to her.

"Thank you Lady Lyrica! It's such a big compliment coming from you."

"Really?" Lyrica didn't know such a compliment could mean something for her. She then extended her hand, "Well it's nice to have you as my lady in waiting."

"Lady Lyrica you actually don't shake her hand, since your the one with a higher status." Jeremiah said to her.

"Really? It's fine." Lyrica shrugged and she kept her hand extended.

Ava nervously took her hand and shakes it gently and smiled. It was the first time she felt even to another person, "I look forward working with you Lady Lyrica."

"Likewise."

"It's good to see you Ava!" Grey waved at her, "I guess you really did get to become a lady-in-waiting."

"I-I..." Ava blushed, "It was my goal throughout academy after all." She said to him.

"Oh, do you guys know each other?" Jeremiah looked at the two.

"We had a few classes together at the academy." Grey answered, "I would talk to her when I needed help in science."

"That's pretty cool." Lyrica said to them.

"I think Ava and I will take your luggage to your room. Grey I believe his highness wanted to see Lyrica and you in his office right now."

"Oh right." Grey handed over the luggage to Jeremiah and Ava and he walked further up the steps, "Follow me were going to see Sien."

Lyrica followed Grey up the stairs and when she got inside of the estate she was in awe. The interior was actually a dark wood, contrasting with the white colors outside. The carpet was a blue velvet carpet and showed some wood floorings. The house was decorated with flowers and vintage paintings everywhere. To the right was a staircase that led upstairs and Lyrica followed Grey there. Once they got to the top they went down the hallway and there were two big doors. Grey knocked on the door, but there was no reply.

"Sien you in there?" Grey continued to knock on the door, "That's weird." Grey then opened the door and inside there was an empty desk, Cassien wasn't there.

Lyrica walked into the room and on the left was a bookcase that reached to the other end of the room. There was also a big globe next to his desk. Behind his desk were big windows, but not light was shining through since the curtains were closed. Lyrica looked over to her right and noticed there was a blue couch and a blue chair. Lyrica wanted to sit on one of them, but as she got closer she noticed Cassien sleeping on the couch with his arm covering his eyes.