four.

My hand gripped spend the wheel as we drove down the long road, the stones crunching under the wheels of the car as the sunlight filtered through the trees surrounding us

My hand gripped spend the wheel as we drove down the long road, the stones crunching under the wheels of the car as the sunlight filtered through the trees surrounding us. Natasha and Scott were looking around as if they were trying to figure out where we were going, which is exactly what we as going through Steve's head right now. He looked over at me ever once in a while on the drive here, trying to decipher my emotions as I kept my eyes fixated on the road ahead of us. My knuckles were turning white from my grip around the wheel, the break in the trees coming up ahead as my heart pounded in my chest.

Not only had I kept Tony from Steve but I also hadn't exactly been honest with Natasha either, and I had no idea how either of them would react. As we came to the end of the drive the sight of Tony and Peppers house came into view, their black car resting in front of it in the mix of gravel and leaves. I pulled the car to a stop, Steve letting out a deep breath as I spotted Tony standing at the bottom of his porch stairs with Morgan resting on his hip. He stared at us as I swallowed the lump in my throat, my hands slowly letting go of the wheel as I pulled the keys out of the ignition, Natasha already climbing out of the car.

I kept my eyes away from Steve, not wanting to look at him as I immediately pushed the door open, rising out of the car as I stood up in the gravel drive. I looked ahead as the rest of the car doors opened, Steve climbing from the car as Tony stared at all of us, Morgan barely even paying attention. Tony stared at Steve as I pushed the door close with a slam, taking a small step forward as I pushed the keys into the back pocket of my jeans. Tony turned back towards me as I nodded my head towards him, being returned with the action of a small nod from him.

I looked over at Steve, who was standing cautiously and unsure on what to do, Nat looking around as Scott stood on the spot awkwardly, not wanting to infringe. I let out a small sigh as I walked towards Tony, figuring that I was the one who was going to have to do the talking, stopping far enough away from him as I folded my arms over my chest, neither of us saying anything. I saw as his eyes flickered down to my hand, my ring resting on my finger as he looking back up at me, hiking Morgan further up on his hip. "Mrs Rogers" he said as I didn't say anything for a moment, wanting to correct him as his eyes flickered over to Steve.

"I'm sorry to show up unannounced like this" I said to him as he let out a sigh, shaking his head as he dropped his free hand down by his side. Nat and Steve had now both fixated on Morgan, who had her head on Tony's shoulder staring over at me. "Don't worry about it" he replied as he shook his head at me, raising his eyebrows as he motioned towards me with his open hand. "I know I shouldn't have given you my address" he muttered under his breath as he looked at Morgan, setting his hand on her arm as he shook her gently, nodding his head over to me.

"You want to say hi to Ally?" he asked her as Morgan shrugged her shoulders, making me let out a small laugh. I walked forward slowly, the dead leaves crunching under my boots as I stood in front of the father and daughter. I waved to Morgan with a smile, who had straightened up, using her hand to push her hair away from her face. "You remember me?" I said as I used my finger to scratch her stomach, a smile on her face as she giggled. "Hi" she replied happily as I smiled, letting out a small laugh as I tilted my head to the side. "Hey, kid" I said to her as she went back to setting her head on Tony's shoulder, making me look over at him. "I haven't seen you in a while" I said to her as I smiled at her, pushing a strand of her hair away from her face as she smiled back at me.

"Can we talk, Tony?" I asked him as he sighed as if he was dreading the conversation that was going to come, which was fair. "Let me give her her lunch before social services show up" he said as he set his hand on Morgan's back, making me nod my head at him. "Pepper will want to say hi as well" he told me as he pointed his finger at me lazily, making me nod my head as I pursed my lips into a line. "I'll drop in and say hi" I told him as he nodded at me, motioning to Morgan as I turned back to her with a smile. "It was nice seeing you again, Morgan" I said softly to her before she waved at me, Tony making his way up the porch stairs and into the house. I stood on my spot for a moment, not moving as Steve made his way over to me, standing by my side silently with his hands pushed in my pockets.

"You knew?" he asked me quietly, making me look over at him as I nodded my head slowly. I knew that it would come back to bite me that I had kept the fact that I knew about Tony's new life and that I was technically Morgan's god mother a secret, but more importantly that I had lied about it for a long time now. "Yeah, sorry" I replied as he kept his eyes forward, his jaw clenching as I let out a small sigh, keeping my eyes on him, feeling bad that I had lied for so long now. "Steve" I said, wanting him to look at me so that I could explain myself to him and apologise. He did the first one as he turned his head, shaking his head at me as he let out a small sigh. "Later" he mumbled under his breath as he turned around, walking away from me again as I closed my eyes, knowing that it probably wasn't going to be a fun conversation.

——

A/N: okay so quite a few things about this chapter lol
1) Tony calling Ally Mrs Rogers was an idea I had MONTHS ago and I still find it to hilarious that he does so
2) a bit of tension going on between our favourite super soldier couple (or second favourite to all my bucky and ally stans out there) but I must admit i'm a little excited to write it because no relationship is ever plain sailing the whole time
3) I know it seems like Tony and Ally haven't seen each other in a long time and honestly I wrote the beginning of this chapter before I even had the idea of Ally being Morgan's godmother so let's just imagine she hasn't seen the Stark family in a few months now :)
that is all I have to say thank you for reading and please vote and comment!

A/N: okay so quite a few things about this chapter lol 1) Tony calling Ally Mrs Rogers was an idea I had MONTHS ago and I still find it to hilarious that he does so 2) a bit of tension going on between our favourite super soldier couple (or second...