End of The Beginning

Bury The Light (Male Faunus!Vergil!Reader x Pyrrha Nikos)

Part 18

Back at the docks, Air buses are seen picking up the last few civilians and students as Port and Oobleck oversee the evacuation.

Port:"That's it! Everybody on board! This is a mandatory evacuation!"

Oobleck:"A safe zone has been established in Vale!  Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel."

Team RWBY and Dante were taking a rest while waiting for a few people. Yang lays her head on Dante's shoulder and Nora rests her head on Ren's lap. Dante smiled as he pats Yang's head, making her blush a bit.

Dante chuckled lightly as Nora lifts her head up and sees someone.

Nora:"Pyrrha!"

She and Ren got up and ran to Pyrrha and Ozpin. Team RWBY and Dante got up as well.

Dante:"You okay, prof?"

Ozpin:"I'll be fine. Your brother's still in the vault. You must help him."

Dante:"Got it. I'll see you guys,later."

Yang:"Stay safe."

Dante:"I will."

He then ran off to go to the vault. Ren then looks around and notices something was wrong.

Ren:"Wait, where's Jaune?"

Pyrrha widened her eyes and teared up. Ozpin looked down in sadness.

Pyrrha:"He's..."

Nora gasped and Ren widened his eyes in realization and RW became teary-eyed as well.

Ruby:"No.."

Weiss:"He's.....dead?"

Pyrrha cried and dropped to her knees as she cried more. Nora, Ren and RWBY hugged her in comfort and they cried as well as they realize that they have lost someone dear to them.

Dante kept running his way to the vault until a blast came at him and he manages to dodge it as Mercury walks up to him.

Mercury:"Going somewhere?"

Dante:"I was..til' you blocked my way."

Mercury smirked and took his stance.

Mercury:"This should be interesting. I wouldn't mind having the Son of Sparda and Salem as my opponent."

Dante then equips Gilgamesh and took his stance as he prepared himself to face his opponent.